alexshim
News Module
  • 2007/2/12 2:12

• alexshim

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/9 1

Hello,

I am trying to find a news module that will display the full article on the front page (as a block). So far I installed a few News Modules (News 1.44, Altern8 News, etc) but none have the option of placing the full news article on the main page. Do I have to hack the news module or are there modules that will let me place an article on the front page?

I am not interested in having users post articles, just me (the admin). Maybe I am looking at the wrong modules? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex.

rabideau
Re: News Module
  • 2007/2/12 2:43

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

I like AMS 2.41 best... remeber to rename the module to AMS before installing.
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

alexshim
  • 2007/2/12 3:48

• alexshim

• Just popping in

Hey, I did install AMS as well, it worked, but I still could not figure out how to make it so that I can post to my site's main page (top page). I guess what I really need is some simple news script where only the admin can post the news..

I like how AMS looks but yeh if you can tell me how to make it so that my news are displayed on my main page it would be great..

onasre
  • 2007/2/12 4:13

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/12

there is guy made a lastest news block . when you enable the block in center of the portal you will have the lastesr news shown in the home page .. download the block and see if it fet what u looking for

http://xoops-tips.com/mydownloads-index.htm
Whatever Hits You , Never was to Mess you , and Whatever Messed U , Never Was to Hit You.

alexshim
  • 2007/2/12 5:21

• alexshim

• Just popping in

What news mod is it for? and how do I install it? (Did not find the instructions in *.zip file)

Thanks

onasre
  • 2007/2/12 19:41

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/12

you just unzip the module and install it like any other module , the go to the block you will see New block by name
Last News Block... enable it to the center of XOOPS this will show the lastest news in the home page .
Whatever Hits You , Never was to Mess you , and Whatever Messed U , Never Was to Hit You.

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits