Swain
Blocks Not Showing
  • 2007/1/31 15:46

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/27

I just did am installation on my local machine and the blocks are not showing on the main page. I get no menus, no login block, and if I create a block it does not show either. Here is my system

Windows XP
Apache 2.2.2 (run via Xampp)
MySQL 5.0.21
PHP 5
Xoops 2.2.3a Final

Here is the PHP Debug on the main page:

Warning [PHP]: fopen(C:/Server/xampplite/htdocs/portal/cache/profilefields.tmp) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file C:\Server\xampplite\htdocs\portal\kernel\profilefield.php line 510
Warning [PHP]: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in file C:\Server\xampplite\htdocs\portal\kernel\profilefield.php line 511
Warning [PHP]: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in file C:\Server\xampplite\htdocs\portal\kernel\profilefield.php line 512
Warning [PHP]: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in file C:\Server\xampplite\htdocs\portal\kernel\profilefield.php line 322
Notice [PHP]: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Argument is not a string in file C:\Server\xampplite\htdocs\portal\kernel\profilefield.php line 323
Notice [PHP]: Object of class XoopsUser could not be converted to int in file C:\Server\xampplite\htdocs\portal\class\theme.php line 442
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme in file C:\Server\xampplite\htdocs\portal\kernel\object.php line 279
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme in file C:\Server\xampplite\htdocs\portal\kernel\object.php line 280
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme in file C:\Server\xampplite\htdocs\portal\kernel\object.php line 375

rabideau
Re: Blocks Not Showing
  • 2007/1/31 18:00

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Hi Swain,

make sure all your cache dirs are empty (/cache and templates_c) Reload all your files, it looks like some may be missing. Make sure your them is actually available and that XOOPS is checking for it. You could turn on the XOOPS default theme to see if that clears things up, too.

Bon chance!
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

Swain
  • 2007/1/31 21:22

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/27

I cleared everything out, and started with a fresh install. It did the same thing. So then I tried an install of 2.0.16, and the menus appeared. I then tried it again with 2.2.5 and again, no menus. 2.2.3 used to work on this machine, so I am not certain what is wrong. It makes no sense for me to use 2.0.16 as my server runs 2.2.3. Unfortunally, the MySQL/blocks debug does not work on the main page so I am lost at getting info there. Any other suggestions????

greedyg
  • 2007/2/4 9:14

• greedyg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/22

I have the same problem, left hand blocks have gone, they where there then i clicked a link, and they went.

I'm running an exact copy of the same site and db, and the blocks show up on that, but if i copy the working site to my broken one, the blocks don't show.

Both are XOOPS 2.2.5 rc2

errors given are

SELECT DISTINCT i.instanceid, b.*, i.* FROM xoops_block_instance i, xoops_newblocks b, xoops_block_module_link m WHERE m.block_id=i.instanceid AND i.instanceid IN (1,2,3) AND i.visible=1 AND i.bid=b.bid AND b.isactive=1 AND m.module_id=0 AND m.pageid IN (0, 1) ORDER BY i.weight,i.instanceid
Error number: 1
Error message: Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_1325_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13)
( 0.001285)

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits