cyborgjeff
suggestion for CDBase module
  • 2007/1/30 9:16

• cyborgjeff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/30

Hi,
since few years i am searching someone who could be intersted to work on the CDBase XOOPS module, that i have shorlty adapt to my needs, but i am not a PHP programmer, i'have lot of ideas, but not enough capacities.

here is the link to this module application :http://cyborgjeff.untergrund.net/site/modules/cdbase/

In my case i have 3 categories with one different "musicians", those one was presented as text.. why not as thumbmails?

then when you enter in one artist (cyborgjeff) you just have a list of all his CDs, i have more than twenty, but for now it don't suit with just 7...

i've allready change the prensentation, but i think it will be better if the artist page will just propose photo(s?) text information and thumbmail of CDs cover with just year and title information, for more, there will be a CD information page (that is not implemented for now!)

finally, if you choose the album Divagation, the original possibility from this module was a lyrics section that propose a non-smarty popup with only text informations.

i had addapt it with a javascript code that launch to open an MP3 file in a popup, but it don't work anymore,.. but it is not easy, i should for each song cut and past the code addapted with the MP3 files.

that would be really more intersting if for each song we have the possibility add or not more informations as :
cover, text, streaming (using wordpress addon ?), and download (maybe url or ID number from mydownload modules)

if someone could be intrested by this project, that would be really great !! :)

optikool
Re: suggestion for CDBase module
  • 2007/6/12 18:33

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/3/26

Hi cyborgjeff,

Your proposals sound pretty interesting. I just started looking at this module mainly because I have a few J-Pop artists I have on my site. However I didn't like the way the biography of the J-Pop artist was displayed so I started changing the display page. Somehow I start modifying the entire module so here I am working on this module. Once I have the module the way I want it I will see if I can add some of the things you are looking for. For galleries at this time I will most likely just have an option to add a link to another modules I'm helping someone else work on, xsgal. For movies I will most likely have a link to another module I modified a little called x_movies. I don't no if it has the option to add particular creator names, like the artist, so I might have to add that. once it's finished I will post it on the net and you can check it out.

Also note: I just started learning about modifying modules within the past couple months after modifying xsgal and x_movies and creating themes so it will take time to fix all the issues... it being written in Spanish isn't helping but after I'm getting there.

Optikool

martyboy
  • 2007/6/12 18:59

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Hi cyborgjeff,

I also use the cdbase module and your proposals sound great, I hope someone can start working on this module again and add the features that you have mentioned it would be really benificial.

I looked at your site and i really like what you have done with the templates, I had modified my own templates but only to remove some columns certainly not as good as your modifications, would it be possible to share your modified template code so I can implement them? I will gladly link back to your site from mine.

Thanks.
Michael Jackson = King Of Pop

Xoops = King Of CMS

optikool
  • 2007/6/19 21:35

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

Hi,

I just finished the first steps in modifying this module to look the way I wanted it to look. You can take a look at it on my sitehttp://www.optikool.com/modules/cdbase/. There may be hidden features that I'm not aware of. For now I removed the comments post but I'm thinking to add that as an option in the admin menu. I also have not tested the back cover art... it probably wouldn't show up anyway because I took that portion out. In the next version I will add it back in. The Gallery for each of these artist are linked to a seperate module that I'm working on and the movies link to a third module. For now I just wanted to get this module to a working state that looks appealing. So check it out and let me know what you think. If you are interested in the module, I can make it available for download.

cyborgjeff
  • 2007/8/15 21:38

• cyborgjeff

• Just popping in

Well Great thanks for your support ... i don't have come so often in the "english" XOOPS website, so i just discoverd it today !

i'll check your version tomorrow and i also propose you the template i've made

once thanks for your help ;p

cj

BlueStocking

@cyborjeff,
I just visited your site... NICE!!!!

http://cyborgjeff.untergrund.net/site/modules/freecontent/

I added it to thehttp://www.xoops.net.br community directory. Feel free to add to and edit your page in your own language.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

cyborgjeff
  • 2007/10/22 9:30

• cyborgjeff

• Just popping in

I will not be able to acces to your link optikol (already try last month without succes).

I've reported lot of many other bugs in my actual CDbase module (adding more albums bugging now, and there are often some error message when adding new songs)...

Without any solution to this module, i will probably should leave it to another new solution ,(

tcnet
  • 2007/10/22 14:07

• tcnet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/5/12

Hi Cyborjeff,
You have a great site!
I would like to recommend the WebShow module for your consideration. It provides all that you have requested above and then some. In fact, WebShow can bring many of Jamendo's capabilities to your XOOPS site.

Features:
Multi category directory with category images.

Each media entry has a Information Box with selectable contents including logo image, short text description, statistics, credits (ie: artist, album, label), download, website and webfeed buttons, embed codes, keyword tags and a full page WYSIWYG text area.

Player editor for creating custom mp3 flash players.

Web Show Demonstration Here

I hope you don't mind, I have entered your Jamendo webfeed into my webshow demo site, see Web Show: Music: cyborjeff

Thanks,
TCNet

optikool
  • 2007/10/22 15:30

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

Hi Cyborjeff,

Sorry you wasn't able to visit the link I gave you. Did you try going to the main website, www.optikool.com? I had since changed the link while experimenting with the ability to change the folder name of the module. The only error that I know of at this time is the full image view when you click on the Album Image. I also didn't see any of the bugs you said you posted. Can you give me the link to the forum where you posted the bugs you found? When I first worked on this module I found a bug in almost every part of the module, but they've been fixed and I haven't heard of any new ones, not including the one mentioned above, but if you have some please let me know.

Thanks
Optikool

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits