preachur
ADMIN AREA - Good Admin Area Needs Minor Debugging
  • 2007/1/20 19:54

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

I am using "Admin Area Revisited Beta 2" on several of my 2.0.16 sites. I had to do a little modifying to get it to work correctly on 2.0.16. I had to adjust the menu to float left, and I had to use the original blocks admin page and not the one that came with the hack..... HOWEVER it makes a really great admin area, but there are still a few minor problems I can't figure out when debug is on. Plus the menu doesn't show up in I.E. 7.... But who uses I.E. 7? I think that could be easily fixed as it is just a small javascript compatibility bug.

This looks like a dead project in Mod Dev because the files aren't even available there. I was able to find them on someone's XOOPS modules and hacks index. (A not-bad module and hack dump, BTW.)

I would really LOVE to see someone with more skills than I take a few minutes to debug and re-release this hack. It works GREAT, Looks GREAT, and makes the whole administration process easier. I like this admin area even more than the 2.2.3 admin area. Please and thank you and I am not worthy.

The file can be downloaded here:

http://christ4you.ru/extras/my_xoops_hacks/XOOPS-modules-hacks-misc/adminarea_revisited_beta2.zip

And here is the mod and hack dump address if anyone wants to browse:

http://christ4you.ru/extras/my_xoops_hacks/XOOPS-modules-hacks-misc/
Magick can never be restrained, but when freely given is thrice regained!

preachur
Re: ADMIN AREA - Good Admin Area Needs Minor Debugging
  • 2007/1/20 20:19

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

Actually, I just updated the hack with the files I have already fixed. The hack will work with 2.0.16, Firefox, and any IE version earlier than 7.

If anyone wants to continue to debug and re-release it again, I would love to see this at 100%.

Click here for updated file.

vaughan
  • 2007/1/20 22:55

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

I use IE7 and i know of many many more that do too.

especially since it's far better and securer than it's predecessors (albeit it's as secure as the usual microsoft software is as long as u keep up with the updates)

admin area was a very good hack tho :) but i think will be redundant when the new 2.3 comes out anyhow as i believe 2.3 will be theme/templatable like the userside is.

i used to love hacks.. lol even done a few myself, but these days i try as hard as possible not to hack the XOOPS core if i can help it :)

preachur
  • 2007/1/21 0:02

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

Well, when I tried to debug it personally, I got it to work in IE 7 and it STOPPED working in the others, so I switched it back. Maybe someone else can debug it. I am not personally interested in IE because I quit using it. I would however feel better about using the hack if someone made it work on all browsers.... It still might be useful to some people I think.

I will switch the admin back to default before I upgrade, once the new XOOPS versions come out. I just wanted an admin area that wasn't so annoying while I'm waiting.

It works as-is on anything but 7. If anyone needs it, there it is.

I think I left a company logo in the images as the default logo. Use it as a template or change it or destroy it.

preachur
  • 2007/1/21 19:29

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

If any of you uses that updated hack I posted you will need to: Go into modules/system/style.css and change the text align in td#adminmenu from center to left. That will make the menu be in the right position in IE. (any IE version but 7)

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits