undoIT
ThemeBot.com - site for finding web design templates
  • 2007/1/20 18:43

• undoIT

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/7 1

I have a website I created not too long ago that features themes for content management systems. I just finished adding all of the working XOOPS 2.x themes to ThemeBot. There are 219 in total. I think ThemeBot is very useful for previewing themes and comparing what is available for various open source content management systems. Right now there are also galleries for Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, phpBB and SMF.

I currently have the Live Demos disabled for the other CMS that are on ThemeBot, because the themes for those are built using PHP and it would take too long to do a security audit on each theme. It was really refreshing to see that the theme installations for XOOPS are for the most part only CSS and HTML based. I could potentially make the live demo available for XOOPS users I'm wondering if there would be any security risks in doing so?

If you are a theme designer, you can also upload your own theme and it will be featured in the New Themes section. A high-quality screenshot will be created for you and the theme will be assigned a forum topic where users can discuss the theme. Linking back to your homepage is encouraged

Please check out the site and let me know if it is useful. Also, if you have any suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

http://themebot.com

gestroud
Re: ThemeBot.com - site for finding web design templates
  • 2007/1/20 19:57

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Great concept and an excellent site. Really nice, with a lot of work behind it.

You may want to consider submitting your post to the XOOPS News section under the YAX category. You'll get a lot more exposure.

Congratulations on a very useful site.

JMorris
  • 2007/1/20 21:18

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Unless the site is powered by XOOPS, it should not be posted under YAXS. However, this would be a good candidate for the Themes category.

Nice work!
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

undoIT
  • 2007/1/21 18:21

• undoIT

• Just popping in

Hi Jmorris. It's true, the demo for the themes is running on XOOPS but the main site isn't. I wasn't sure where to post it. Is it possible to move this thread to another section that is more appropriate?

Also, is there a way to receive email notification when new posts are made. They are just going to the inbox here, so I didn't know that I had new posts for this thread.

*edit - another strange thing is that even though I deselected attach signature, it is still showing up.

Will_H
  • 2007/1/21 18:39

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Very Nice.

Unfortunately your index is based on the "Theme Library" Which is about 1.25 years out of date.

Our bad.

"Released: Thu, 17-Nov-2005" <- last release date

There have been A LOT of releases since then.

This is our only current method of keeping track of themes. - Well except for ThemeBot now

undoIT
  • 2007/1/23 6:33

• undoIT

• Just popping in

Wow! Look at all those themes. ThemeBot has his work cut out for him!

Actually, I encourage people to submit their own themes. That way a detailed description and link to homepage can be added. Users can then manage updates to their themes and subscribing members will be notified via RSS when updates are submitted if they are subscribed to that particular category.

Also, submitting a theme is a way of casting a vote for which CMS will get the majority of the donation. ThemeBot donates 10% of profits the platforms used on the site. Hopefully ThemeBot will continue to grow and this amount will increase.

Check here for details: ThemeBot Donation

undoIT
  • 2007/1/25 22:48

• undoIT

• Just popping in

I've got a question. Is it possible to link directly to a specific theme via URL. i.e.http://www.example.com/&theme=xoopstheme

undoIT
  • 2007/2/3 3:50

• undoIT

• Just popping in

All of the XOOPS themes in the gallery now have a link to a live demo:

XOOPS Gallery

undoIT
ThemeBot Update
  • 2007/2/6 23:27

• undoIT

• Just popping in

A new system has been added which will help Improve the quality of themes on ThemeBot.com. It will also provide constructive criticism for members who have submitted themes.

undoIT
Re: ThemeBot Update
  • 2007/2/23 19:47

• undoIT

• Just popping in

I've added a section to the site which displays some basic statistics related to donation vote count and traffic trends.

http://themebot.com/stats.html

Login

Who's Online

299 user(s) are online (189 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 299

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits