Xman04
Left column expands too far to the right
  • 2007/1/20 14:33

• Xman04

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/12

Hi,

I'm using the GW_Business1 theme. For some reason, the left column expands/stretches too far to the right on some of the module index pages. When this happens, the module's index page looks abnormally narrow. I'm not sure if the module index page is not expanding to the correct width (and the left column is filling in the extra space), or the left column is squeezing it because it is becoming too wide. Everything is the proper width on the home page.

I'm primarily noticing this problem when I go to the News 1.51 or AMS index pages. Other modules, such as Article 0.95, Wiwimod, and Liaise work fine.

Does anyone know what can be adjusted to prevent this?

Dave

vaughan
Re: Left column expands too far to the right
  • 2007/1/20 16:22

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

FAQ section regarding themes & templates & CSS..

Will_H
  • 2007/1/20 16:23

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Yeah, open up the style.css nav down to the .leftcolumn entry.

Most likely it is set to a % based width.

Try a fixed width column instead.

td#leftcolumn {
width: 180px;
}

Xman04
  • 2007/1/22 22:32

• Xman04

• Not too shy to talk

Hi Biteronboard,

The leftcolumn entry is already set to a fixed width. I tried putting a fixed value into the center column which had no width value at all, and this fixed the left column and center column problem. However, the right column keeps shrinking and expanding depending on the width of the browser screen, even though the right column is set to a fixed width too. Something else is going on, which I haven't figured out yet.

Dave

TheCleric
  • 2007/1/23 5:01

• TheCleric

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/26

If it only happens in some modules, perhaps some of the modules have their own css file that they include, after the normal ones, which are overriding some of your settings.

I don't know if there is a convention for where a module would store such a css file though.

Xman04
  • 2007/1/23 14:22

• Xman04

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:
If it only happens in some modules, perhaps some of the modules have their own css file that they include, after the normal ones, which are overriding some of your settings.

That is in fact what may have happened. I noticed a width value missing in the center column, and thus, the module width may have defaulted to another value established elsewhere.

Dave

Login

Who's Online

125 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 125

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits