jackel7
Register Account Question
  • 2007/1/20 7:19

• jackel7

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/20

I'm trying to set my board so that there is no "register now!" button inside the login box, so that only people I register can log in. I already changed
\modules\system\templates\system_userform.html
and
\modules\system\templates\blocks\system_block_login.html

and I took out the Register.php file in the front, but it seems to still display the "Register Now!" just fine in the login box. Is there somehting I missed? Well I'm also using the template "BubbleGum", so is there anything in there I need to change?
Thanks in advance.

snow77
Re: Register Account Question
  • 2007/1/20 7:35

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

this can be done by opening: modules > system > templates > blocks > system_block_login.html

and erasing line #14:
<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/register.php"><{$block.lang_registernow}>a>

But while you are doing modifications to the theme and other templates you should remember to set to yes the option: Check templates for modifications? in admin panel > system > preferences > general , while your doing the changes to the theme then when you finish you set it back to no. That is because there is a cache system that makes the system run faster. Setting it to yes makes the cache function stop so you are able to view in real time the changes done.

Option 2 would be to make the changes to the tem`plate, leave the setting as no which is the default option but then you'ld have to go to the templates_c folder of your XOOPS install and delete all files except index.html

also you should go to system > preferences > User Info Settings, and set to no the setting Allow new user registration?

Login

Who's Online

482 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 482

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits