oldenough
Please explain some words for me
  • 2007/1/19 11:20

• oldenough

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/11

I am trying to translate language in all my XOOPS modules, and I just cant figure out how to translate som functions in the BB. I just can't understand these words in this context, I usually don't eat words. Please explain the semantics for me:

1. Digested
2. un-digested

And another common word: PRUNE. Is that just another word for "deny" or "dismiss" or "exclude"???

Dave_L
Re: Please explain some words for me
  • 2007/1/19 11:38

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

"prune" basically means deleting. When you prune a tree, you cut off the superfluous branches. In the context of a forum, pruning means deleting unwanted topics or posts.

A "digest" is a summary. A digest of the forum posts for the last week might be a single email containing the titles of the posts, or it might be a single email containing the complete posts.

"digested" and "un-digested" sound like odd made-up words, but I guess they refer to a digest as I just described.

oldenough
Re: Please explain some words for me
  • 2007/1/19 11:51

• oldenough

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/11

Quote:

Dave_L wrote:
"prune" basically means deleting. When you prune a tree, you cut off the superfluous branches. In the context of a forum, pruning means deleting unwanted topics or posts.

A "digest" is a summary. A digest of the forum posts for the last week might be a single email containing the titles of the posts, or it might be a single email containing the complete posts.

"digested" and "un-digested" sound like odd made-up words, but I guess they refer to a digest as I just described.

Thank you so much! This explained it all for me, now I feel enlightned. Thank you, you deserve a drink:

Login

Who's Online

443 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 443

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits