Xerelo
Possible bug in login
  • 2007/1/15 9:50

• Xerelo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/15

When you forget the password and you insert your email to recover it, you are redirected to lostpass.php. There it be showed that a mail has been sent you to recover the password. If then you remember the password and you initiate session from that page, it will appear you the first screen saying that the loggin was correct and that you will be redirected to the main page, nevertheless you are redirected to the page of lostpass.php, being catched in a loop, being all along in this page. If you stop the load of the page and go to index.php, you are correctly logged.

Another doubt that I have, although I believe that it is not bug (or yes), when in the module news you have a category that you do not want that be showed to the guests but you want it to appear to the users registered in the main page, is that also appears to the guests. You must choose between the guests cannot see that category but the registered ones cannot see it in the cover, or the opposite. In addition, although we remove it in cover, the guests can see the titles of articles of the category "hiden" through the historical submenu of this module. For me the logical thing is that if you do not want that they see the article, you do not want either they see the title.

Excuse the english, automatic translation

Shine
Re: Possible bug in login
  • 2007/1/15 11:14

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

For your 1st Q I haven't an answer. Sorry.

Quote:
For me the logical thing is that if you do not want that they see the article, you do not want either they see the title.

Hm the logic can go both ways. I like to show the titles of articles which are only readable by registered users. By showing the titles to guests I hope to tickle them to register at my website, so that they read the full article.
Other words: I like this setting.

Grtz., Shine

Xerelo
  • 2007/1/17 8:30

• Xerelo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/15

You are right with the two ways, but you can use your way by not writting in the introduction box of the news, but a title that appears in a hidden submenu (historical) doesn't seem useful. And in my case, is a problem.

LiliVG
  • 2007/2/13 19:48

• LiliVG

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/25

Quote:

Xerelo wrote:
When you forget the password and you insert your email to recover it, you are redirected to lostpass.php. There it be showed that a mail has been sent you to recover the password. If then you remember the password and you initiate session from that page, it will appear you the first screen saying that the loggin was correct and that you will be redirected to the main page, nevertheless you are redirected to the page of lostpass.php, being catched in a loop, being all along in this page. If you stop the load of the page and go to index.php, you are correctly logged.

This is the exact problem I have too. Is there a solution for this yet?

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits