jeffgr
Questions about using Zen Cart module
  • 2007/1/14 17:55

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

Hi everyone,

I have some questions about using the Zen Cart module which I could not find answers to elsewhere. I want to know:

1. How can I update the module, which is Zen Cart 3.0, with the latest version of Zen Cart...which is version 3.8 ?

2. I have the unified login hack for this module... does this need to be updated as well, if I update the core files?

3. Is anyone else using this module, and if so, what are you experiences with site loading times etc... it seems to be somewhat slow on my test site.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Jeff

ron-cpw
Re: Questions about using Zen Cart module
  • 2007/1/14 18:54

• ron-cpw

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/19

Jeff... I am in the process of evaluating this module on a test site.

I am by no means an expert on it...but initial reaction is that you are stuck with the current Xoop-ified version of Zen Cart.

It seems that development on the module is dead...so what you see is what you've got to work with.

I have found it far better than OsC to work with...and, at this point, it may meet my needs rather well.

...have more work to do on it, though.

jeffgr
Re: Questions about using Zen Cart module
  • 2007/1/14 19:09

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

I agree, it does seem like the development on this module is dead/or has slowed... which is a shame, as it is a great cart system.

I am going to try and integrate the latest core files of Zen Cart 3.8 into the module... I just wish I knew which files were modified before.

Will post here shortly with any results I get.

Login

Who's Online

131 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 131

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits