okaydave
News Module - can news be displayed without Xoops navigation?
  • 2007/1/14 15:58

• okaydave

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/14

I'm using XOOPS as a backend for our organisation and I have installed the news module, which is very handy.

I'd like to be able to display news items on a public page, but without the XOOPS page header and navigation/login on the left.

I've tried editing the index.php file in modules/news but I'm just too inexperienced with php to figure it out. can anyone help?

Also, this is just a little thing, is it possible to show news items with the posted date but not the posted time displayed?

davidl2
Re: News Module - can news be displayed without Xoops navigation?
  • 2007/1/14 16:04

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

There are modules or tricks you can use to change the theme depending on module used... if you then change to a version of your theme without the side navigation etc - then that would do what you need.

chippyash
  • 2007/1/15 6:42

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

Quote:
I'd like to be able to display news items on a public page, but without the XOOPS page header and navigation/login on the left.

You can change the theme files for whatever them you are using (theme.html). Look for

at the beginning of the section and remove as much as you need.

Make sure you have "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" switched on in system admin-preferences-general to regenerate the template files.

NB this will effect all pages on your site.

Quote:
Also, this is just a little thing, is it possible to show news items with the posted date but not the posted time displayed?

You need to a/ find where the date is generated for inclusion in the blocka and/or index page and then b/ reformat it using the appropriate php function before it is passed to the smarty template. Check out http://www.php.net/manual/en/
for the PHP manual.

Peekay
  • 2007/1/15 10:26

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

As akitson suggests, edit 'theme.html' to remove page headers, then simply turn off all side blocks in XOOPS blocks admin. You can log-in as webmaster by navigating directly to 'yourxoopsurl/user.php'.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

okaydave
  • 2007/1/15 19:35

• okaydave

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/14

Brilliant! All of those replies were very helpful, and I've been able to sort it. Thanks.

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits