deltataudog
Would someone be so kind as to visit my site and critique it?
  • 2007/1/14 6:30

• deltataudog

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/14

Hello all...I am new to XOOPS but came across it and thought I would use it for a back-end "Members Only" section for a radio station. I would love if people might visit and tell me what they think of the layout, etc. and tell me if there is stuff I could do better or if there are neat modules that I didn't use. I wanted more but some of them are buggy and don't work it is really trial and error to get it to work sometimes. I really wanted the modgen module cuz I'd like to try to do a sports module designed for American sports. There are so many people wanting it. Anyways, I would appreciate any critiques. My site is visible in my profile.

The site is just basically designed to provide sticky stuff and create an online community for listeners. They don't have anything like that locally.

Thanks a LOT!!

davidl2
Re: Would someone be so kind as to visit my site and critique it?
  • 2007/1/14 9:27

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

It's not actually a XOOPS site though, is it?

carnuke
  • 2007/1/14 12:18

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Your current site is based on Frontpage source code. This is mainly static HTML content all of which can be duplicated on a XOOPS platform, Plus you get all the dynamic interactive features that XOOPS offers.

I would forget Front page, its a pain to update and very limited. To use XOOPS only as a backend, or add-on is to missunderstand its full potential and flexibility as a CMS.

Why not build a XOOPS site and see how much existing content you can get into xoops? Then build on the future features you want!
http://houseofstrauss.co.uk Resource for alternative health and holistic lifestyle
search xoops

deltataudog
  • 2007/1/14 15:51

• deltataudog

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/14

thank you for looking...did you notice the XOOPS portion? i'm sorry i forgot to mention that the members section is entirely in xoops. I find XOOPS to be too clunky for many of my need particularly since the modules are buggy and the modules are pretty generic as well as how most of the sites look. I was just curious what someone thought of my XOOPS portion. im sorry i wasnt more specific. Thanks tho

dadoprom
  • 2007/1/16 9:18

• dadoprom

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/3/2 1

What is that?
Everything is possible......
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.mla.sk

Shine
  • 2007/1/16 11:41

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Don't feel like registering to see anything, but the link to the XOOPS department (please next time put a direct link to it yourself !!!!!!!)
http://k943.com/xoops/htdocs/
For those who are still interested.
Sorry to say I am not.

Login

Who's Online

246 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 246

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits