girrl88
How do I upgrade?
  • 2007/1/12 7:04

• girrl88

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/16

Ok, my Fantastico says that I should upgrade from .15 to .16 but when I try to do it I get a message that says I should only upgrade through Fantastico if I haven't installed any mods (which I have) so I'm stuck.

Do I really need to upgrade? If so, how?

jensclas
Re: How do I upgrade?

Hmmm will need to update that FAQ! Ok

You have FTP because you have installed modules so I assume you know how to use that.

Go to download xoops and download the upgrade package to your desktop or other appropriate place (I have a folder in my downloads called XOOPS - thats where they go)

Unzip the download.

Now go to the release notes and follow the instructions under Upgrading from a previous version Use your ftp program to make the transfer. It is a good idea to do a folder at a time to ensure everything gets transferred and not corrupted along the way. (Unless you are confident your ftp program gets everything right all the time and your ftp session will not break.)

NOTE: Before you go to the websites upgrade address change the chmod on your mainfile.php to 777 so it is writeable.

it is as simple as that -

PS - It's not in the instructions - when you are finished write protect mainfile.php again - chmod 444

girrl88
Re: How do I upgrade?
  • 2007/1/14 17:26

• girrl88

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/16

Thank you so much!

Login

Who's Online

472 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 472

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits