Sascha
No Content Editing or Visibility
  • 2007/1/4 7:38

• Sascha

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/4 7

Ok hey all,
I have installed XOOPS using Fantastico on http://www.live25.co.uk. However the site is blank and I saw no menu option to edit, or create content in the admin area. So I thought (being a Drupal user myself) that I must need to download an editor... so I downloaded an editor, unpacked it into the Modules folder and installed it from the modules option on the Admin Menu. This all installed fine... so in my account on the homepage (which now said the editors name) I also saw the editors name in the Site Navigation Menu. I logged into a test user account and saw the same thing again. I found no way to create or edit any content with this either. I have tried 3 different editors now, none working.

Also I downloaded the IRC Chat tool to put on my site and link to an IRC server of mine. But when I go into the IRC Configuration it gives me a blank page that says "IRC Chat Configuration" and nothing else.

One last thing, how do I enable the content thats on there (I currently have the games module on there) to all users not just registered ones? I just wanted a CMS for myself, theres no need for my users to have to be registered.

Could anyone help? You can have access to the installation if needed.

Regards,
Sascha Lopez

jensclas
Re: No Content Editing or Visibility

Hi Sascha

The normal way to go is
New users should always checkout the following:
1. Documentation - linked on the left. Specifically the administration manual
2. The FAQ section - linked on the left - specifically the sections on gloassry, beginners first steps, modules, blocks and themes. There are links to visual tutorials here.
3. The search function on the top right.
Please check also the read B4U post link below if you have problems.

For Visual tutorials please go here

unfortunately
xoopsdocs is down right now - so please cruise the FAQ's and use search on this site.

No in response to your specific questions in spite of downloading editors you need a content management module - there are lots to choose from. Each has different features and currently latest releases are what you will find in the 'modules' section of XOOPS news via the front page. You can try here for latest modules and here for the module playground. You can use the search function and look for news releases to also find recently released modules.

As for 'One last thing, how do I enable the content thats on there (I currently have the games module on there) to all users not just registered ones?' you need to go to your site admin - groups and set permissions for anonymous users to read the content of your modules. You will need a content module first in order to do this.

IRC chat is something I can't help you with - try searching and if that doesn't help start a new topic as it is buried in this post - you really need irc chat in the subject line to get the attention of someone who knows something about it.

HTH

Login

Who's Online

253 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 253

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits