preachur
I need to strip my registration.php naked
  • 2006/12/28 0:07

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

http://aricm.myworldexpo.com/register.html

That is the link to a functional .html example of the FIRST stage of registration. I have been trying to strip register.php down to that. All 3 stages. Everything I try gives a blank screen. Anyone know how I can accomplish this?
Magick can never be restrained, but when freely given is thrice regained!

preachur
Re: I need to strip my registration.php naked
  • 2006/12/28 17:48

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

The reason I need to strip it.... We got the multix hack to work cross-domain. It works backwards from the way it's supposed to, but it works. Originally it was meant for multiple installations of XOOPS in one folder on one domain. One login for them all, and one multix to manage them all.

The way it is working on my sites, I have several installations of XOOPS on several domains. 4 sites with three multix hacks. The three sites with multix use the user database and permissions of the site that doesn't have multix, allowing one registration, username, and password for all four sites.

HOWEVER people can only register on the one site with the user database. So I want to strip that site's registration page down to plain, and have all four sites' registration links open either a plain registration popup window or the plain form from that site in an iframe. I can easily change the register.php pages into an iframe page, but I am having trouble stripping the form on the main page down to nothing but a basic form.

Please help if you can.

(P.S.- I will be posting directions for using multix cross-domain as soon as I finish making this registration hack.)

preachur
  • 2006/12/28 21:32

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

This would be easy if registration was a module. Then I could use the theme changer module to do it. I am still having no luck. Please, does anyone know how I can do this?

skenow
  • 2006/12/29 3:57

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

The file that actually displays the form is include/registerform.php. You can strip things out of register.php, but then registerform.php will have errors because the fields are not defined.

Mithrandir

You can try commenting out the
include XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/footer.php";

line
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

preachur
  • 2006/12/29 19:26

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

Once again, Mithrandir to the rescue! That worked perfectly. Thank you! Exactly what I wanted and I only had to type one character. Brilliant.

Cheers!

preachur
  • 2006/12/29 19:56

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

Actually, I commented out the include header.php.... It works for stage 1. Then I get a blank screen. When I comment out the footer, I get the regular registration.

However, I think I found a bit of code I need to research. I think there is a way to do this. I just need to learn faster. (I think I need to adjust the theme a bit, too.)

preachur
  • 2006/12/29 20:08

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

Okay, I had to comment out every instance of
include XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/footer.php";

NOW it works.

preachur
  • 2006/12/29 21:13

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

Okay, after I commented out every instance of:

include 'footer.php';

I inserted:

include 'generic.php';

That file looks like this:

<?php

?>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="http://mysite.com/style.css" />

Then I turned register.php on the other site into an iframe page. You can view the results so far here:

Basic form with stylesheet:
http://aricm.myworldexpo.com/register.php

and here for the iframe regisration on the other site:
http://construction.myworldexpo.com/register.php

Next I will create an iframe registration for the first site, and edit the templates so the registration links point to it. The end result: There will be a notice above the iframes on all the sites informing them that they are registering on all 4 of the sites with one form. They can register on any of the sites and have access to them all with one login.

The only thing I don't like is the fact that the form re-directs and loads the first site in the iframe after registration. However, I can live with that for now and perhaps come up with a solution for it later.

When I am finished I will post step-by-step instructions for using multix and this hack. I will also include a download of the hacked files with instructions for making them work on your sites. Thank you all for your help.

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits