middleton
DHTML pagination & Xoops
  • 2006/12/22 2:25

• middleton

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/21

Hello,

I've been experimenting a bit with dhtml pagination and Xoops, specifically with the idea of breaking up long documents.

I was attempting to integrate the following from dynamic drive:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/virtualpagination.htm

However, I can't seem to get the pagination to work; all the rest of the dhtml seems to be fine.

Has anyone had any success with auto-paginating long documents in Xoops?

Brad

wizanda
Re: DHTML pagination & Xoops
  • 2006/12/22 9:56

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

No not yet, yet like that script thxz...may have a look at it

As for XOOPS and long documents, Article has multipages and with site wide wiki is the same...yet nope...not tryed this method yet....

Peekay
  • 2006/12/22 11:26

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

A number of XOOPS article modules allow pagination. You simply enter a XOOPS code
[pagebreak]

where you want to split the article. If you choose auto-format in the XOOPS DHTML editor, or tick 'enable XOOPS codes' when using a WYSIWYG editor, you can just add this code into the HTML and the module will split the page.

A number of modules offer this feature, but check that you can print out the paginated content. The last version of SmartSection I tried had a problem with this. May be fixed by now.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

wizanda
  • 2006/12/22 12:22

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Ok [pagebreak] just tried and failed....

Yet to add this script isn't that hard if needed; we have quite a few extra snazzy script functions like this running in our own site now...like folding sides on any id, Popup pages if requested....

Place the function in your Xoops.js or a second js file, yet it saves time, in just one.... at the beginning of the Xoops.js, we found for the ones we added...

Then the rest of the code can go anywhere in Xoops, with out to much problem...as the div, a link and p is allowed in XOOPS articles, forum ect....

The only things is make sure the js is placed in its own file and included over the whole of the theme for it to work…

Login

Who's Online

222 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 222

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits