dizzymarkus
same page appears for anon and reg --

Howdy,
First things first :0) My name is Markus and I have successfully used XOOPS for 1 complete year running a 1/4 midget racing site which actually did quite well-- many modules etc and no hiccups along the way **GREAT SCRIPT** ( page rank 2 in google(( quarter midget - search)) and over 170,000 hits wooo hooo lol -- So I am kinda new but not lol and thanks for the time to post.

On to the difficulties --

1. When going to the site (without loggin in) I see the page I would like anon to see with all rights and permissions set where I want them.

-- PROBLEM --

When I log in I see the same exact page as the anon home page, I go into admin and remove from registered group all those blocks I dont want to show after loggin in --POOF-- still there, I then go into permissions and deny right to these blocks for registered -- POOF still there -- or they dissappear for everyone all together. Very frustrating :0(

-- QUESTION--

How can I make a page thats totally different for anon as it is for reg ? --
I have no modules installed as of yet -- only a few custom blocks of text to work with. (so I can delete anything and start fresh) I would like the sides to stay the same while the center content changes. Maybe a outline of the steps or a hint as to what I may have missed. I am on a localhost atm so I cannot give a link but I hope someone can understand what I mean. I didnt seem to have this problem with last years version. XOOPS 2.0.13.2 -- I'm sure its something screwy on my end and missed something after reading the entire XOOPS FAQ, DOCUMENTATION, and FORUM SEARCH to find the problem myself.

Thanks for a great community & script,
Markus

irmtfan
Re: same page appears for anon and reg --
  • 2006/12/20 18:24

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

it can be done esaily in xoops.
you are confusing with block management in 2.0

please consider it carefully

also if you upgrade to 2.0.16 you can use a brand new module "smartblock" for managing blocks

if not you can install a module called "altsys" fromhttp://www.peak.ne.jp/xoops/

Mithrandir

Actually, it seems that dizzymarkus is simply taking the group filter drop-down in blocks administration as a group permission selector.

It is a common mistake, but it does not affect who can view what, it only filters the view of those blocks that are visible to one group or another. If you have many blocks with some visible to anonymous and some visible to registered users, it is easy to lose the overview. Therefore you can choose only to list those that are visible to one group - however, changing visibility will be for all groups.

If you want certain blocks visible only to anonymous and not to registered users, you will have to edit the group in groups management, checking and unchecking the blocks in question.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

dizzymarkus

Thank you for your responses -- will try both tonite after work :0)

Markus

thanks greatly !!!!!

I believe I have been to group management and unchecked the box access rights for registered users -- for items not to show when logged in. If i go to blocks management and set show to "no" for registered users it doesnt show for either. Like 1 is controlling both lol thank you

aamjad2001
  • 2006/12/20 22:05

• aamjad2001

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/20

Have you created a sample registered user or have you been checking it with your webmaster account.

because things that dont appear to registered members do appear to webmaster.

dizzymarkus

No I have a registered user and log in with him to check it. I learned my lesson last year with the admin pages lol

Thank you,
Markus

Trying the other suggestions this am and will post results !

Markus

---------------------------EDIT---------------------------

Thanks for the suggestions folks but to no avail it all seems to work the same way arrrrgggg lol -- it must be me because evertime i make a block for anon and log in it shows on reg even tho its unchecked for registeres and the registered group has no access. Ill keep playing with it but thank you all,
Markus

---------------------------END EDIT------------------------

dizzymarkus

PROBLEM SOLVED---------------------------

I feel so stupid lmao, ok heres how it went-- hwta happened and how I FIXED IT. sooooo stupid lmao

I uploaded new version and transfered my users table from old to new (make sure I could lol)

I had to take and add all members to the registered group after importing them all, somehow they were added to the anon group as members -- all I had to do was remove the members from the anon group --(should be in members group anyhow lol)--

IE: from members to non members and all is awsome again. Like I said i figured it was me and I got confused hehehehe I had my members listed as anon and reg -- see stupid lol

Thanks for all of everybody's help -- when ya get a response it tends to make you work at it a little harder.

Thanks for a great community and script,
Markus

Login

Who's Online

260 user(s) are online (176 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 260

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits