toddro1971
Home Page
  • 2006/12/5 19:06

• toddro1971

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/5

On my XOOPS board just installed, everything looks great. Except for the HOME button on the main menu block as well as at the top left of the ADMIN page (where it says "home Page") is pointed to the htdocs folder. This brings up the index list of the site and not the site itself.

1. First question: Can you change this link to point to the site? or

2. Do I have something installed wrong, I had to re-direct my url to include the lower indexes /XOOPS/htdocs/index.php Is this right?

When I hit the home or home page button on the site it takes me tohttp://mysite.com/xoops/htdocs, you can see it linked to that in the bottom left of the browser.

Heck, I am wondering if I am even seeing the home page, I mean what exactly is the address of a newly installed XOOPS application. Should the board come up without having to include the sub-folders. Or am I over-thinking this?

irmtfan
Re: Home Page
  • 2006/12/5 20:30

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

it seems a wrong URL definition in mainfile.php

open your mainfile and look for XOOPS_ROOT_PATH and XOOPS_URL
are they correct and point the folder that you upload files?

toddro1971
  • 2006/12/5 20:54

• toddro1971

• Just popping in

Quote:

irmtfan wrote:
it seems a wrong URL definition in mainfile.php

open your mainfile and look for XOOPS_ROOT_PATH and XOOPS_URL
are they correct and point the folder that you upload files?

The mainfile Root and Virtual point to the indexes

/XOOPS/htdocs/

That brings up the site directory. I then have to click index to bring the site back up. This is what I am wondering, do I have something installed wrong. The board works fine otherwise. Do I / can I/ should I change the home button link to /XOOPS/htdocs/index versus just /XOOPS/htdocs? Or should the site go to the index anyway? I have the following site indexs on my host server options. XOOPS/htdocs/index.php

I have no redirects and a WWW web alias.

stefan88
  • 2006/12/5 21:16

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,
probably your web server is not set corectly. It have to be set to have/load default page as index.php

toddro1971
  • 2006/12/5 22:49

• toddro1971

• Just popping in

Quote:

stefan88 wrote:
Hi,
probably your web server is not set correctly. It have to be set to have/load default page as index.php

I thought about that too. Checked it and it points to just the site with no indexes attached. Justhttp://mysite.com. This brings up the site fine and I can log in and navigate around ok.

The problem is when I hover over the home (in the main menu block) or home page button on the ADMIN panel it points to the same address with the addition of XOOPS/htdocs. Depending on whether or not I have directory access turned on or off on my server, the directory ( Or access denied to directory) comes up when I click the button.

So its like when I access the site in an open browser and put in the urlhttp://mysite.com everything comes up perfect. ONCE I am on the board and logged in however and try to go home is when it sends me to XOOPS/htdocs folder.

I have tried like I said above changing the mainfile.php folder in root and virtual, but that just screws up the whole site. I'm thinking its in the program, yet I don't know where in the html the address is assigned (mapped to) for these home buttons. Or if there is a something in the admin tools.

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits