BadAngler
Content module permissions?
  • 2006/12/5 17:14

• BadAngler

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/28

Hi,

I have a content module page I only want to show up as the member login page. The page also shows up for Anonymous users. I've looked around for a block to turn off anonymous users and cannot locate it. How do you restrict access to content pages for different groups? And if I add more content pages will they also show up on the login page? Since content is based on XT Conteudo which is based on tiny content do I need to look at them on how to use this module?

TIA, BA

jensclas
Re: Content module permissions?

Quote:
I have a content module page

Quote:
Since content is based on XT Conteudo which is based on tiny content do I need to look at them on how to use this module?

Ok - My first thought when reading your post was which module? Is it XT conteudo? if so I do not use this module and am not familair with it. Please, make sure you have checked permission setup from within the module and from XOOPS admin/groups/registered users and anonymous users. The other thing is which module have you set as your start page? the same one??

Failing this:
There are other content modules where you can specify which group has access to which 'category' of article content and even which article - so you might need to look around a bit more to find better permission system to suit your needs. Check out smart section at smartfactory.ca

In the future when you need help please be sepecific with both the module you are asking about and the XOOPS version you are using. It helps us help you. For troubles check the read before you post below.

BadAngler
Re: Content module permissions?
  • 2006/12/5 20:19

• BadAngler

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/28

Hi,

I am using the 'Content' module. The readme.txt file mentions the history of this module (the Content module is based on XT Conteudo which is based on tiny content). There is not much other information provided. But a lot of people in the forums seem to like this module.

I have a handful of Content pages defined. The first one (id=1) is to be shown to members when they first login. This is working. I have a custom block defined which I show to anonymous users. The problem is the Content page shows up for Anonymous users underneath the Anonymous user block. I want anonymous users to be denied access to this Content module page. They should only see the block for anonymous users. All works except I cannot figure out how to remove access to content for anonymous users.

Additionally when I want to change to another page so that logged in users first see Content page id=10 how would you do that? Basically I'm looking for docs on how to use this module.

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits