PowerSlave
Adding New Block Breaks Layout...
  • 2006/11/30 23:03

• PowerSlave

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/30

Argh this is so frustrating. I tried to create a new block and placed it on the left hand side of the center column. A fairly straightforward process I would imagine, except in that it breaks the layout of the whole page! I took a look at the generated code by viewing the source and noticed that XOOPS is generating incorrect table code.

Does anyone have experience with trouble shooting XOOPS in regards to adding new blocks? Is there any documentation that you know of that I have not yet found or perhaps a thread on this subject. I am not sure what version the site is running just yet but I will reply with this info. heh, sorry, just got this job and XOOPS is on the system.

snow77
Re: Adding New Block Breaks Layout...
  • 2006/11/30 23:50

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

this could happen because maybe the block stretches the design you have a little more than expected and the images haven't been placed in the theme so they can stretch, but this is just one possibility. with a link to your site we could see much better what is happening.
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

jsiepierski
  • 2006/12/4 21:13

• jsiepierski

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/4

I've rune into similar problems. I know at one point I found that XOOPS automatically formats blocks you make, and you need to adjust your code to make up for that. but we really cant help much without a link to your site to see exactly what you mean.

PowerSlave
  • 2006/12/4 21:57

• PowerSlave

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/30

Okay sorry about that. First of all, a link to how the site is supposed to look here:

http://studentactivities.mscd.edu/modules/org/

The page with the problematic new block is here:

http://studentactivities.mscd.edu/modules/myorg/

The new block is the one titled "LID Dates" and I have it set to appear in the center column on the left. As you can see, the "CFC Schedule" block starts a tad bit below the LID Dates block and none of the blocks below will arrange themselves under the new "LID Dates" block. On top of all this, the right column is very wide now...much wider than it should be. For clarity I have the blocks visibly assigned like so:

Info Session Schedule: Center block left (not sure why it is taking up the whole row though) weight: 0

LID Dates: Center block left weight: 0

CFC Schedule: Center block right weight: 0

Leadership Shortcuts: Center block left weight: 0

As you can see, trying to align things to center block left causes them to take up the whole block which shouldn't happen. I have the weights set to 0 since I haven't really been able to figure out how weight works just yet and I can't find any documentation on it. Anyway, if anyone has any advice or can lend a helping hand on this matter, I would greatly appreciate it. I am brand new to XOOPS.

Regards,
Zach

englishgirls

I have the same problem with center blocks. Does anyone know how to align them on the left. The URL of the problem is here http://www.abbeyrecords.com/community/

Many thanks.
Barry

Login

Who's Online

122 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 122

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits