coopersita
calendar module with ics support for iCal (mac)

Hi,

I'm looking for a module for a calendar that allows users to subscribe to events through ics files. Any suggestions?

I've checked piCal, but iCal for the mac doesn't recognize the data sent via this module (gives me an invalid data error). xCal works, but I want users to be able to post events (xCal only allows ics file uploads to the server).

I have a 100% mac user base, and they need to be able to subscribe to calendar events. Downloading ics files and importing into iCal doesn't quite cut it.

Thanks

chippyash
Re: calendar module with ics support for iCal (mac)
  • 2006/11/30 19:52

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

Have you tried approaching the piCal developers to see what they would want to incorporate your requirements? You can find them at http://xoops.peak.ne.jp/

Your data error may be something they can fix (with an incentive perhaps.) piCal is the best calendar around imho and gives great functionality so it would be a shame to pass it over for want of a little prodding on your part

Regards
A

coopersita
Re: calendar module with ics support for iCal (mac)

I did, actually, but haven't heard yet.

The problem is that it's a site for a school so and incentive is not really an option.

Worst case scenario I'll try to hack it myself... It can probably be fixed with htaccess files (the url in the browser seems to be the problem. It doesn't like the php type address, it wants a file name as calendar.ics).

Thanks

Login

Who's Online

379 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 379

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits