wizanda
Using Smarty Always, Even for Plain Content
  • 2006/11/21 12:27

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Ok after being slightly not impressed lately with the amount of complaining going on here... (Erm as per usual)

Decided to go on my annual CMS check and see what other systems have to offer in the ways of support usability and functionality for web development...

Well saw some nice systems and then fell out with my sites loading times...yet in comparison with many it is far faster for the amount of things it has on it...

So with the search have been doing some serious thinking about what XOOPS has to offer...

Then it struck me the one thing that is probably XOOPS best feature is smarty, if used well enough to show it....

You see Smarty caches the site in advance...and on some of my own bits think it was quicker to make a XOOPS module with out using smarty...in the long run is not the best result...as smarty seems to systematically organize it self also...

So now with even my static hand made modules, that previously had just run through the index.php being echo""; have found that there is dramatic increase in speed loading time and overall stability of the XOOPS system, if doesn't have to use alternate programming systems that then become like Swiss cheese of smarty versus php calls...as really though it says it does html, it also seems to assign where that belongs overall....

All this is to say is even if you are making an iframe extension as many of my own bits like the content page we use, for downloads. Is now an iframe loaded through smarty...it reduced loading time by 1.5 second at least...

So is dramatically noticeable now I am systematically going through everything we have made and editing to use templates correctly...

Next is to redesign the Bible and Quran module, plus others…. getting in practise using smarty and XOOPS a bit more...

wizanda
Re: Using Smarty Always, Even for Plain Content
  • 2006/11/21 16:55

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Now all called from smarty as templates....my znake and Go game are done....

Gabbly has been redone to be XOOPS secure and auto configured; as in set for it's <{$xoops_url}>modules/gabbly/index.php...so making XOOPS have permissions...

Slowly learning

Never know..... one day might actually make something useful...
oh yeh painting I released as a XOOPS module....yet is Poti-Board which works well to achieve Oekaki...within Xoops...

Login

Who's Online

302 user(s) are online (190 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 302

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits