piroman
Abnormal decrease of speed of xoops 2.2.4
  • 2006/11/18 14:24

• piroman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/7 2

I'm having problems with downgrade to 2.0.15, I've tried several times, but I get stuck. But this is not the main issue, my problem is speed of my website, it's gone :(

Will the downgrade help me with speed issue? Any advice?
regs
Piroman

visit our cicihlid gallery:
gallery.ciklidi.org

Herko
Re: Abnormal decrease of speed of xoops 2.2.4
  • 2006/11/18 16:10

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

difficult to say. Most of the time speed aka performace issues are due to the configuration and resource availability of the server the site is hosted on. Performance depends on available memory, number of open connections, session durations, concurrent users, number of active processes on the server, availability of CPU time, available bandwidth, installed server extensions, load balancing configuration, caching infrastructure, activity of other sites on the server... The list probably goes on for the initiated.

The script running on the server is but one factor. It could be because of XOOPS 2.2.x, but from the problem report 'my speed is gone' it is rather difficult to make a decent analasys.

Check with your hoster to find out what is causing the dramatic reduction of speed.

Herko

wizanda
  • 2006/11/18 16:43

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Also many of us don't think about cache and calls to the server, as your site grows so does the server calls...so set cache to cover it....

Try and get as much of your site cached that can, as if lots of vists... means in that 30 seconds there would have been double the calls from MySQL if not cached; collecting the data needed....

wouldn't blame 2.2.5-rc2 , as I just swapped to it and it seemed faster then 2.0.15 was...

lucky_phd
  • 2006/11/18 18:23

• lucky_phd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/13

Since You are from Serbia, I try to you expalin in serbian language.

Moguce da je problem u samom xoops, naime on zauzima mnogo resursa na serveru. Mada mozda i nije, mozda sam server nije OK. Ja takodje imam 2.2.3 i nemam nikakvih problema. Mislim da treba da dosta proucavas sam php da bi dosao do valjanog odgovora. U svakom slucaju ja bi se zadrzao na 2.2.3, mada je to zatvoren ogranak.
First Serbian flyfishing website
www.musicarenje.org

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits