Anonymous
CBB3.07 installation breaks with Tinyeditor Beta 1
  • 2006/11/13 17:02

• Anonymous

• Since:

Just thought I'd share my experiences after installing Tinyeditor Beta 1. I wanted to use Tinyeditor with News 1.44 as there's a file in the Tinyeditor install to allow this.

Basically, installing Tinyeditor broke my CBB 3.07 Forums (but not too badly ) which were working fine up to this point.

In the TE install there's two directories, one for upload to the /class/xoopseditor directory and one for uploading to /modules (Tinyeditor is installed like any other module).

It looks like the /class/xoopeditor/tinyeditor files causes some sort of issue which means that when starting a new thread or replying to a post in the CBB 3.07 Forums takes the use to a blank white page.

To get the Forums back working I had to delete and the re-upload the /xoopseditors files from the original source.

Please don't misunderstand, I'm not having a moan, just sharing my experiences to save others from grief

I'm now off to figure out how to get a WYSIWYG editor working with News 1.44 without stuffing the Forums All ideas welcome..............

metropolis
Re: CBB3.07 installation breaks with Tinyeditor Beta 1
  • 2006/11/13 17:19

• metropolis

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/15

Actually I don't have an idea, but I can confirm what you said, although I am still working with the (old) Newbb 2.0 forum.

Whenever I tried to use one of the new editors (not only Tinyeditor, but also FCKEditor and Koivi) I got blank pages in the forum when I try to make a reply or write a new post.

The only thing where these new editors seem to work are the modules from phppp. Unfortunately when using German umlauts in phppp's article module, their HTML entities are translated into literal text, which makes these editors also unusable there.

I still have to use the old DHTMLTextarea in modules.

Anonymous
  • 2006/11/13 17:42

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:

metropolis wrote:
Whenever I tried to use one of the new editors (not only Tinyeditor, but also FCKEditor and Koivi) I got blank pages in the forum when I try to make a reply or write a new post.

I find that all the editors which have to be installed with CBB3.x (the ones in /class/xoopseditors inc FCKeditor anf Koivi) work provided that "Enable HTML" is selected in the Forums' set-up.

I'm really not sure about allowing their use on a public forum and my well choose not to enable their use when I go "live".

For me, though, it was disappointing to find that installing Tinyeditor for use in another module actually broke the Forums. My fault for installing a "beta" module, I suppose

Thanks for the reply - shows that I'm not alone, and that helps

frankblack
  • 2006/11/13 18:21

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

if you get white pages pleaseenable the xoopsdebugmode and tryagain. post any errormessages here

Anonymous
  • 2006/11/14 9:56

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi frankblack,

Thanks for the message.

I did do a debug and it came back with a "fatal error". I didn't note everything down at the time as I was more concerned about getting things up and running again than trying to get tinyeditor to work.

However, now that I know what to do to repair things I will reinstall tinyeditor tomorrow evening (15/11/06) and report back as I really like the look of it and would like to use it.

One thing I did notice and whhich you might be able to help with in the meantime is that when using the News 1.44 module with tinyeditor, the background of the text-boxes took on the background of the theme that I am currently using, making it difficult to use (the theme is quite dark in colour). Is that something that you've seen before and, if so, how would I correct it?

I will be back with the info in a couple of days...thanks for your interest

John v
Cardiff - UK

McDonald
  • 2006/11/14 10:56

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

For the background you'll need to create a css-file (ie. tinyeditor.css)
Open this file in a texteditor and type the following code:

background-color#000000;

Save the file and upload it to your server.

Login as admin on your website and go to the preferences of tinyeditor.
In the editor settings there's an option called Editor's css (2nd option from above). In the box behind it you should enter the path without the base url to your css-file.

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 159

vamptrix,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!