Ronaldus
Cant post or answer in CBB 3.07
  • 2006/11/10 12:12

• Ronaldus

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/5/8 1

Hello fellow xoopsers!

Just updated my forum to 3.07.
Went without problems. Updated, checked permissions, etc. Can't post or answer post anymore; a complete white page appears. With debug on, the following appears:

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /www/htdocs/hellup/class/module.textsanitizer.php on line 519

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /www/htdocs/hellup/class/module.textsanitizer.php on line 519

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /www/htdocs/hellup/class/xoopslists.php on line 189

Notice: Use of undefined constant _SELECTEDITOR - assumed '_SELECTEDITOR' in /www/htdocs/hellup/class/xoopsform/formselecteditor.php on line 58

Fatal error: Class XoopsEditorHandler does not exist
Handler Name: editor in /www/htdocs/hellup/include/functions.php on line 495

All errors (36) queries (50) blocks (11) extra (0) timers (5)

What can this be?
On my other site everything functions well...

And before you ask: I run XOOPS 2.0.15, WITH the updated form.php, and frameworks and the editors installed.

Thx in advance and greetings,

Ronaldus
Re: Cant post or answer in CBB 3.07
  • 2006/11/10 18:24

• Ronaldus

• Friend of XOOPS

Anyone?

Ronaldus
  • 2006/11/10 18:59

• Ronaldus

• Friend of XOOPS

I've put back a backup I made, so my visitors can access the forum again.
Nevertheless the problem is not solved.
Does anyone have the same experience?
Could this have to do something with the settings in the protector module from GIJoe?

Greetz,

Bender
  • 2006/11/10 19:58

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Could not reproduce this so far.

Did you try reuploading the files in case one got broken?

Can you run a local testinstall with the same files and a fresh 2.0.15?

Did you reinstall all of the latest versions or only the module? (the module, the framework and the editorclass?)

Can you run a copy of your site (locally or on a subdomain) to play around? (like removing other modules ...)
However i seriously doubt that this is a conflict with another module! So it would be the last thing i´d be testing.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Ronaldus
  • 2006/11/10 20:19

• Ronaldus

• Friend of XOOPS

Well that sure are some options to experiment with Bender...
I'll start with the first one tomorrow.

Fyi: the site we're talking about is www.nvshv.nl, and the latest files (CBB, editors and frameworks) are installed on X 2.0.15.

However i seriously doubt that this is a conflict with another module!

Do you mean that you think this has nothing to do with protector?
I'm not so sure; in the protector settings it has a possibilty to skip modules from protection, "for example the chatting module". Perhaps CBB alos uses many global variables?

Thx for replying and greetings,

Ronaldus
  • 2006/11/10 20:19

• Ronaldus

• Friend of XOOPS

sorry

Bender
  • 2006/11/10 20:29

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

I don´t think its protector ... but well who knows. At least nothing happened when i just added protector to my install and did not exclude the module.

One more thing that comes to mind:
- download the files from your webspace (module, framework, editors)
- redownload the packages and extract them somewhere different then the ones you originally had
- do a comparison of the files (binary diff, m5 compare or something like that)
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Ronaldus
  • 2006/11/10 20:34

• Ronaldus

• Friend of XOOPS

All right Bender, I will put that my list as well....

Ronaldus
  • 2006/11/11 8:43

• Ronaldus

• Friend of XOOPS

Right. This is what I've done:
-shut down and uninstalled protector module
-downloaded editor, frameworks, form.php AND XOOPS 2.0.15 again
-uploaded the whole pack
-updated
-downloaded CBB 3.07, uploaded, installed, updated module, set permissions

Result: still can not post or answer in the forum. A complete blank page appears. Debug info shows:
NoticeOnly variable references should be returned by reference in /www/htdocs/hellup/class/module.textsanitizer.php on line 519

Notice
Only variable references should be returned by reference in /www/htdocs/hellup/class/module.textsanitizer.php on line 519

Notice
Only variable references should be returned by reference in /www/htdocs/hellup/class/module.textsanitizer.php on line 519

Notice
Only variables should be assigned by reference in /www/htdocs/hellup/class/xoopslists.php on line 189

Notice
: Use of undefined constant _SELECTEDITOR assumed '_SELECTEDITOR' in /www/htdocs/hellup/class/xoopsform/formselecteditor.php on line 58

Fatal error
: Class XoopsEditorHandler does not exist
Handler Name
editor in /www/htdocs/hellup/include/functions.php on line 495

I guess I better put back my backup again and go on experimenting offline. However, I'm not a coder and don't know what to do with the message.

Anyone?

Thx in advance and greetings,

Ronaldus
  • 2006/11/12 16:51

• Ronaldus

• Friend of XOOPS

Excuse me, but does someone have a clue why I can't answer a post or start a new post; while the whole CBB 3.07 module functions well?
(See above for the PHP debug info).
I have put back a backup, so the problem is not so big at this moment, but once I will have to update....

If no one has a clue, could it be an idea that I first update my current newbb 1.12 module to another version, and not directly to CBB 3.07?

I'm open to all suggestions.....

Thx in advance and greetz,

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits