munkifisht
Modding the main page with news?
  • 2006/11/9 21:00

• munkifisht

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/9

I am totally green and I need some help getting going with this thing. I have compleated the install and I havce modules on the go, but I want to go on to the next step. It is important that I allow all people see certian elements of my site (news, links, etc) but I don't know how to go about this. Could someone point me to somewhere that I can look at. What I need is to create a site like this one (the XOOPS site) where it won't matter whether they are logged in or not.

martyboy
Re: Modding the main page with news?
  • 2006/11/9 21:25

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Hello, go into your administration area, select system>groups, there should be three groups(of users) 1.webmasters, 2.registered members and 3.guests you have to edit the guests or anonymous group by checking the boxes next to each module and block you want guests to be able to view.

Hope this helps.
Michael Jackson = King Of Pop

Xoops = King Of CMS

munkifisht
  • 2006/11/10 14:26

• munkifisht

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/9

Thanks for that. just another quickie (i hope) can you tell me how to edit the index page to show news?

martyboy
  • 2006/11/10 16:50

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Hey, well asuming you have the news module installed you can either 1. goto system>preferences>general preferances and set the news module as your top page or 2. goto system>blocks and find the recent news block and set that to show on your top page, remember to set the view permissions for guests so they can see the recent news block or you can install a news spotlight block/module like This one and set that to show on the top page.

HOpe this helps
Michael Jackson = King Of Pop

Xoops = King Of CMS

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits