djayc2104
Helpppp!!!!
  • 2006/10/26 21:38

• djayc2104

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/26

Hi,
I'm trying to pass variables between web pages and anything I try, nothing works.
I have tried cookies, sessions, file writes (which if you have a large userbase would be a nightmare).
What am I doing wrong.

The variable I am trying to pass through is the ID in the URL. I capture it in $_GET['id'] and everything works fine until I either call my database connection or move pages and my variable seems to disapear.

I have tried writing the variable to a $_SESSION variable that I have set in XOOPS preferences in the custom sesion area.

Is there another way of passing this variable because I am really stumped.

Please someone help, please!!

Thanks in advance.

Dave.

zyspec
Re: Helpppp!!!!
  • 2006/10/26 22:55

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

Without "diving into the code" my guess is that the variable 'id' is getting overwritten. It's a commmonly used variable name... Try to name it something else instead of 'id'.

djayc2104
Re: Helpppp!!!!
  • 2006/10/27 15:38

• djayc2104

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/26

Thanks for your answer zyspec. But I have changed to id variable to some insignificant variable ie (myincid) and I'm still losing my variable' s value. I might just give up on XOOPS and try some other CMS. Only joking I really really like using xoops.
I just need an answer to this so I can finish my site and then post a new module that I wish to allow other XOOPS members to download.
If anyone can help with this, some piece of code, or anything please post it here.
Thanks

Dave.
P.S I am using XOOPS 2.0.15 with the form.php file already updated

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits