davidtillyer
Admin NOT working

I can not get into my admin section it keeps telling me I do not have the permission to login. This is after I have loged in as the adminitrator ......

I have just uploaded the lastest vision of xoops

PLEASE HELP.
Kind Regards
David

Herko
Re: Admin NOT working
  • 2006/10/20 11:00

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

This is the.. what, 3rd or 4th thread about this very same subject? I have a SITE NOT WORKING thread with some good help, a can NOT log in to administration menu thread with some more help, and now this one!

Please, stik to the threads you have created, and do not create a new thread starting all over again from the beginning every time.

Herko

davidtillyer

Herko,

The reason that I have created a new enq is because this is a littel dif from the last subject as it got what I'm into now another problem. However it BEEN OVER A WEEK and I still can NOT log into the admin section and no one has solved this problem, Can you?

It just keeps telling me whenI login as the administrator I DO NOT have permissions when clicking on the "Admin Menue" tab.

Can you pls HELP?
Kind Regards
David

jdseymour

Here are a couple of other threads that seem to match your problem:

New installation and admin has no permissions in control panel

Admin Privileges

Check with your host about restrictive non standard PHP settings.

davidtillyer

I have tried this and read all the notes and nothing works. I have also tried loading new "Admin.php" files as this is the file that it's all pointing towards.

Should I try and download a new vision from a new mirror?

What would you surggest?
Kind Regards
David

jdseymour

Quote:
Check with your host about restrictive non standard PHP settings.

This turned out to be the reason for the posted problems.

davidl2
  • 2006/10/20 13:01

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Herko is right. Instead of creating multiple threads with variations of the same problem.. simply bump the existing one and add the updated information.

It helps to try and keep this forum tidier - and makes slightly less work for the unpaid, volunteer moderators.

davidtillyer

This DOSE NOT work. I have spoken to my ISP and they tell me that its to do with the files that are NOT giving me authorization to access that area.
Kind Regards
David

jdseymour

Then possibley your file and folder permissions are wrong, or ownership is wrong.

Check that the cache, templates_c and uploads folder are writable by the server. All other folders should be chmod 755, files should be chmod 644.

Make sure all files and folders are owned by the user that the server runs as.

davidtillyer

I have done all this even set all to 777 to make sure and still NO joy.

What are the options?
Kind Regards
David

Login

Who's Online

250 user(s) are online (175 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 250

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits