mnmike
I need Xoops help and will pay
  • 2006/9/30 1:03

• mnmike

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/21

I uninstalled XOOPS module ipboard because I didnt like it. I then accidentally installed it again. Now I cant uninstall it or any other module.

I need ipboard removed from my site. I also need CBB installed. I already have it uploaded it the modul directory.

I then need my users transferred from phpbb 2.0.6 to my new site which is XOOPS 2.0.15.

Im not rich, but I would be willing to pay for someone to do this for me asap. Please, no "I think I cans". I need someone that knows what they are doing.

Thanks!

[size=x-small][edit by Bender] Subject switched to non-shouting mode.[/size]

davidl2
Re: I NEED XOOPS HELP & WILL PAY
  • 2006/9/30 2:02

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Please also see here - please don't double post. Thanks

mnmike
Re: I NEED XOOPS HELP & WILL PAY
  • 2006/9/30 2:16

• mnmike

• Just popping in

After I made the 1st post I thought maybe I posted it in the wrong forum.

Sheesh.. You dont have to be a jerk about it.

Bender
Re: I need Xoops help and will pay
  • 2006/9/30 7:17

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Take it easy man ...

For user conversion you could have a look over here and maybe testrun it in a local test setup. So you might not even need someone to do that part for you.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

wizanda
  • 2006/9/30 10:59

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

I could do it for you and yet as system admin it would be better to learn how to deal with something like it....

One close the site, get a copy of your databases in mysql...don't include what you don't need and make sure your tables are not too big when you have to re-upload it....

then start afresh with a clean xoops, as it is always easier, then take your forum and convert it online.
You could do this on a home system using Wamp for instance which has php5 and will run quite easy.

As then you will not load your server with a convertion file...

Once you have a full database just upload it in a full clean install and then the problem of the uninstall and what ever caused it to begin is gone and your configs don't count module increasements from where you were yet start again at 1.

If you preapre most of this in advance with the current tables, you will then not have to close your site for long and simple close while you insert the new fixed tables and forum ready converted off your home pc server already ready with the system you want.

This I just went through a couple of times with my own site and if anything ever goes wrong am ready in advance to redo just that.

davidl2
  • 2006/9/30 11:02

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Only thing I would stress..... backup everything before doing it!

wizanda
  • 2006/9/30 11:52

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Yeh maybe I didn't make that plan clear do everything in practise first or where if you make a mistake it is on a home system not a live one...
The amount of times i have messed my site up learning not to play with a live site...
That way you have all copies where you can see them and the worse you can do is have to start again on your home system...

With wamp it auto installs and you have server that is none visble to the web, yet with all the functionality you would have, and depending on your computer as in my case far quick on home then a server also coping with other sites and users at the same time.

mnmike
  • 2006/11/9 0:34

• mnmike

• Just popping in

I have some new glitches that I need an experiences XOOPS person to look at. pm me if your interested in helping me out. I can paypal you a donation for successfully fixing a couple of problems I have.

Thanks

Login

Who's Online

442 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 442

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits