hawkeyegop
changed URL
  • 2006/9/27 23:39

• hawkeyegop

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/18

Hello,

I had a domain name expire and I registered a new name, but I can't figure out where to change the URL in the database. The site shows up now, but it's still looking for the stylesheets at the old web address. I'm looking through the database right now and don't see it anywhere.

Chappy
Re: changed URL
  • 2006/9/28 1:34

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

Whether you have to change it in the database, I'm not positive (did you check admin|preferences|general?). But, I strongly suspect that you will have to go into mainfile.php in your XOOPS root and edit data, including url, the server address, etc. Also, once that's done, I suspect you will also have to clear out your cache directory (except for the index file) and templates_c (except for the index file). Seeing as no one has posted before this, I thought that this would at least get you started.

Oh, and one more thing, just in case you didn't know - you'll need to make mainfile.php writeable briefly while you make whatever changes you make, then change perms back to 444.

HTH

P.S. Back up your mainfile.php before you make any changes to it.
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

hawkeyegop
Re: changed URL
  • 2006/9/28 1:44

• hawkeyegop

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/18

Thanks for the help. I actually had changed mainfile.php, but couldn't overwrite it. So actually, technically, I HADN'T changed the file. Anyways, that's all it was. Thanks a lot.

Login

Who's Online

121 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 121

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits