technobia
Wierd Code in Module Admin
  • 2006/9/21 15:14

• technobia

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/4/17

Xoops 2.0.15 / Php 5.1.6 / MySQL 4.1 / IIS 6.0

I have installed several XOOPS sites now and the last two have the following code (but much longer) displayed in the Modules Administration page just below the Submit Button. Only the System module is installed. This does not otherwise seem to effect the operation or configurtion of the site.

// // ------------------------------------------------------------------------ // // This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify // // it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by // // the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or // // (at your option) any later version. // // // // This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, // // but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of // // MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the // // GNU General Public License for more details. // // ----------------------

Thanks - Technobia
Thanks, Technobia
www.PrideDEPOT.com
Everybody Has A Right!

Will_H
Re: Wierd Code in Module Admin
  • 2006/9/21 15:32

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

its the GPL claim at the top of one of the php files.

check admin.php it should be commented out, yours is apparently not.

technobia
  • 2006/9/21 15:51

• technobia

• Not too shy to talk

I compared two admin.php files between the same version sites, one that is fine and this one, and I do not see ANY diffrence in the adamin.php file. All the normal lic stuff is commented out at the top of the file.

This is a fresh install using the same files as other installs where the files have not been altered.

This is what is weird. Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Thanks, Technobia
www.PrideDEPOT.com
Everybody Has A Right!

Will_H
  • 2006/9/21 15:56

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Unfortuneatly I am at work so I cannot look to see what file that would be. It is definitely a header in one of the files. You just have to track it down.

technobia
  • 2006/9/21 16:31

• technobia

• Not too shy to talk

I figured it out. It was one of the UNINSTALLED modules, RM-Gallery 1.1. I noticed in the remaining part of the code that there was some Spanish. I thought it must be a module and not part of the native install. So, by process of elimination removed all the uninstalled module folders from the modules directory. When I took that one out the problem went away. When I put it back, it returned.

I will dig further if I decide to use that gallery module.

Thanks for your help!
Thanks, Technobia
www.PrideDEPOT.com
Everybody Has A Right!

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits