greg324
xoops Newbie in need of serious help
  • 2006/9/21 11:52

• greg324

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/21

OK I read the info on installing XOOPS on IIS. Downloaded all the files PHP, MySql, and xoops. Followed the installation (to the letter) and yet I still can not get this thing to work. The installation of PHP went fine I got the info page ok (like the docs stated) installed (PHP version 4.4.4. Installed MySql Version 5 and it seemed to go fine. However when I try to do the XOOPS installation it gets to the database verification part and I get the error that it cannot connect to the database server. I have racked my brain on this. I did the search on IIS and everything else suggested but I find not any helpful docs.
Here is my setup:
Win2K Server
IIS
MySql 3.23.58 ( think I uninstalled vesion 5 and installed thsi one )

IIS is working fine (other website function properly.

Can anyone help, I will call you (if yourgreg@gdsys.net in the US) if you think you can assist me. I am just very frustrated at this point. I tried to install XOOPS several months ago and was not successful and gave it up. I would like to overcome this thing.

Thanks in advacne

Quest
Re: xoops Newbie in need of serious help
  • 2006/9/21 12:17

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I don't know to which document/instructions you are referring to or what version. Are you getting any error messages? What are they?

Have you tried this link by Hervet?
How can I get my XOOPS site to run with IIS & Windows XP?

Or have you checked all threads and comments from a XOOPS search for IIS?

Quest

greg324
  • 2006/9/21 13:03

• greg324

• Just popping in

Yes I have read that llink already as well. I just reinstalled MySql version 5 thinkning maybe I missed something there. No no, it is still broke.

THe error I am getting is that on the XOOPS setup it gets to the point of connecting to the database and I get the error that it cannot connect to database server.

I did do the search on IIS in the forums and have read everyting I can find remotely related to this issue.

I also found on the XOOPS site (in the FAQs a small section that had 2 articles about running XOOPS on IIS which were very good and very helpful. I followed them ot the letter in terms of installing everything like they indicated. ( except on hte MySql it looked like they installed 3.23.49 version and had the MySql Frontend which is not available any longer).

So I am still stumped here, I was trying to installed and setup Myphpadmin thninni gthat might help but I can't get that to install either as it cannot connect to MySql.

In an effort to try to learn this I have PcAnywhere installed on this server and I would give access to some one so they could look at what I have going on here.

Thanks

jdseymour

Make sure you have MySQL support built into PHP. Try connecting through the CLI to check your user settings. If you changed any privileges make sure to flush privileges or restart MySQL server before the changes take place. The user used to connect to MySQL should have "all" privileges.

HTH.

greg324
  • 2006/9/21 14:02

• greg324

• Just popping in

I can go to the Command Line and do the MySQL -u root -p and it prompts for the password, which I put in tand it goes to teh MySQL Monitor. SO it seems that MySQL is working fine.

UPDATE:

I used the Sql Manager and I can see the XOOPS database there and if I check the database registration info I can connect to it using the user root. SO now it seem that the problem is narrowed down to the XOOPS installation script.

Any ideas??

TIA

Login

Who's Online

141 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 141

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits