thepaul
2.0.13 -> 2.0.15
  • 2006/9/13 19:13

• thepaul

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/20

Has anyone had a successful upgrade from 2.0.13 to 2.0.15?

I have tried multiple times, following the (brief) instructions:

- Copy the content of the htdocs/ folder over your existing installation after having deleted "mainfile.php" and the "install" folder.
- Delete the following folders and files (they belong to your old version and are not needed anymore):

class/smarty/core
class/smarty/plugins/resource.db.php
- Empty the templates_c folder (except index.html)
- Upload the upgrade folder to your site
- Ensure the server can write to mainfile.php
- Login using an administrator account
- Access <your.site.url>/upgrade/ using your browser, and follow the instructions
- Write-protect mainfile.php again
- Remove the upgrade folder after use

After following the directions I just get the white screen (I know this is no help to anyone trying to help). I am just wondering if anyone has had success and can please reply with a post detailing what they did?

jonathon
Re: 2.0.13 -> 2.0.15
  • 2006/9/14 6:01

• jonathon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/25

I had problems with all smartfactory modules that I can't live without with 2.0.13 the best I was offered was to upgrade to 2.0.15. In the proccess of upgrading something went wrong and I ended up doing a clean install. Incidentily, I now have more problems with more modules than before with 2.0.13. I had to disable all but a few. I'm considering stepping back a version or two. The biggest problem, when visitors sign-up for membership and respond to the e-mail confirmation, the page won't reload and keeps looping with a message. "page found-waiting for response" Reconsider your upgrade if at all. Lastly, your white screen problem is something I was also expiriencing, do you have "protect" by any chance? That is the Module XOOPS Team suggest's to install into 2.0.15 for various protections, but something is wrong with the module, or at least the ones I obtained. When activated, it would produce white screen. After 4 hours of configurations and failures, I decided it was not worth loosing my site over, so I uninstalled it. Best of luck, jonathonhttp://icommarket.com

jensclas

There are many possible casues for white pages - an also possibly many who have addressed issues you have had before now. In particular there is a kown bug with 2.0.15 whic requires pulling a file from 2.0.14...

Please check

2.0.15 bugs

Blank page in some modules submit page after 2.0.15 upgrade

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=52773&forum=28

Known bug

and the read before you post below on blank pages. You don't need to give up - just search or ask the right questions for help and if there is an answer someone will come along with it.

thepaul
  • 2006/9/14 16:33

• thepaul

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/20

I realize that a white page can mean anything and I have read all of the documentation on this website. I am still unable to upgrade from 2.0.13 to 2.0.15. I am simply asking if anyone has had success doing so and if they have can they please post details on how they did it?

jensclas

In general those who have succeeded are going to say they either followed the instructions, or they did everything and added this one more step:

notification_update.php generates a blank page.

After replacing form.php with the one 2.0.14 Notifications work.

This means you need to download and extract XOOPS 2.0.14 and within that find the file form.php and use it to replace the one you got with XOOPS 2.0.15. Have you done this?

I assume you undertsand this:

Quote:
- Copy the content of the htdocs/ folder over your existing installation after having deleted "mainfile.php" and the "install" folder.

to mean you delete them from the unzipped download before you transferred them to your current site. If not you will need to check your mainfile.php because you have overwritten it.

Other than that I can't think of anything without taking you to the read before you post below and asking you to tell us your versions are and what you can get from php debug.

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits