maxima
Local XP installation problems
  • 2006/9/11 0:51

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/4 4

I am running apache2triad1.4.4 on WinXp SP2 and I installed 2.0.15 with no errors and it opens ok. The poblem is when I login as admin and try to go to the admin pnael for the first time, it keeps returning that screen that says 'entering admin for first time'.

What is XOOPS trying to do when first accessing admin? Is it writing to the database? How do I fix this?

jensclas
Re: Local XP installation problems

The search and FAQ section are your friends - check this FAQ

maxima
  • 2006/9/12 0:49

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

well I did do a search but eveidently my search words weren't logical.

Anyway, I looked at the article and it didn't offer any effective fixes but I did learn that XOOPS write adminmenu.php to the cache folder on that initial admin entry.

I haven't figured the problem but I got it working by copying adminmenu.php from a working version on another computer, with the same programs. I haven't had any problems yet but I figure something is not right.

gulize
  • 2006/9/12 1:33

• gulize

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/9 0

Turn off your local fire wall.
When I installed XOOPS in my local :WinxpSp2 + 2.0.14
The same happend me and when I turn off My fire wall in Norton Internet Security everything OK.
And you should turn off fire wall when do install some module into XOOPS or do some other system work in xoops.
Hope this colud help you.

maxima
  • 2006/9/12 16:39

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

I disabled the firewall before but that did nothing and I am running the same apps on 3 computers except the one with the problem is a Sony Vaio laptop. I'll go check with the Geek Squad today 'cos it takes 20 min to unzip zoops. Maybe there is another problem.

Login

Who's Online

124 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 124

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits