Thunderock
Admin Errors with variables
  • 2006/9/8 20:08

• Thunderock

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/31

Ok I put my hands up to the fact that I have messed up my installation some how.

I noticed this immediatley after installing Koivi to the /class/ directory and as recommended deleting all the %% type files in /templates_c/ except for index.html.

Everything looked good, koivi was working in all the modules wiwimod (0.8.3),newBB (2.02).

I decided to create some new blocks for different classes of users, and found that I could not. The text area is not posted to the dbase.

OK, so I turn on debugging and find that on many of the pages I thought were working properly horrible long lists of errors occur.

The majority of these relate to variable errors such as these...when you load the forums page.

===

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/newbb/class/online.php line 176

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/newbb/class/online.php line 258

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/newbb/class/online.php line 236

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/newbb/class/forum.php line 100

===

When I try to manage blocks from system module I get the following error codes...

===

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /kernel/module.php line 542

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/system/admin/blocksadmin/blocksadmin.php line 54

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/system/admin/blocksadmin/blocksadmin.php line 69

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/system/admin/blocksadmin/blocksadmin.php line 109

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /kernel/module.php line 542

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/system/admin/blocksadmin/blocksadmin.php line 113

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/system/admin/blocksadmin/blockform.php line 42

Warning: Missing argument 2 for xoopsformwysiwygtextarea() in file /class/wysiwyg/formwysiwygtextarea.php line 64

Notice: Array to string conversion in file /class/xoopsform/formelement.php line 207

===

I know this is a mass of info and not really sure what else I can add to get help with whatever it is I have done to mess up install.

XOOPS = 2.0.15 , MySql = 4.x , PHP = 4.x

Thank you, and my apologies if this is answered in the forums already I just can't find it...

jensclas
Re: Admin Errors with variables

Quote:
OK, so I turn on debugging and find that on many of the pages I thought were working properly horrible long lists of errors occur.

HI there

The 'notices' refer to errors in code that have little impact on how your site works - they are for the benefit of code writers to make improvements. However this one Quote:
Warning: Missing argument 2 for xoopsformwysiwygtextarea() in file /class/wysiwyg/formwysiwygtextarea.php line 64

may be in need of further investigation and if you get one that says error you definately have a problem.

What I usually do to check on these it take the key words and put them in the search area and you will find these have most often been addressed in FAQ and the forums. Sp try it for yourself - search for 'Warning: Missing argument 2' and perhaps use wysiwyg as well and you might find it already addressed. (Sorry - I am no coder so I can't make suggestions for resolving this missing argument problem)

You can also try searching on creating new blocks.

Now...if you can't resolve the problems through this kind of searching we will need more information from you - please check the read before you post below. HTH

Login

Who's Online

474 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 474

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits