ladysham
Possible Issue with Version 2.0.15
  • 2006/9/5 5:27

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

Hey, everyone. I wanted to start a thread on this problem because the more I worked on my site today, the more I am convinced that this problem is a problem with the recent XOOPS version.

Last week, I decided to do a completely new install on a site that I had taken up to Version 2.2 and then downgraded to 2.0.14. For some reason, the downgrade did not work real well on my site. I know that there were some differences between the user files in 2.2 and 2.0.14.

However, I was able to get my user files reinstalled, my avatars, and my smilies! And thanks to Christian who provided mySQL code, I was able to zero out everyone's post count and then I manually went into each user (all 1100 of them) and selected their user rank because nothing I did would make that work.

Then I sent them all out an email last night (email function in system didn't work properly - that's for another post), and the site has been hopping today.

Since I had so much traffic today, I kept a close eye on the site and responded to every issue that came up.

The one that I had the most problems with, even for myself, was this error message:

Invalid submission. You could have exceeded session time. Please re-submit or make a backup of your post and login to resubmit if necessary.

Mostly, it happened in the forums (I'm using CBB 3.5, I believe). But then it started happening in Hervet's userpage and anywhere that I went to post something.

I wonder, and I'm asking, if this error message has anything to do with session expiration. I went every where I know to go to zero out any timing functions on the system and modules. I'm stuck!

Please, if anyone has any input or advice, I would greatly appreciate it! Looking forward to your posts.
Kelly Ling
Shamrock's Web Design
http://www.shamrocksweb.com

If you're coming to see my house - give me two weeks. If you're coming to see ME - come any time!

Bender
Re: Possible Issue with Version 2.0.15
  • 2006/9/5 7:55

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Try emptying the sessions table in the db.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

christian
  • 2006/9/5 7:58

• christian

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/2/24

Quote:
Leostotch said:
There's been a 2.0.15 specific bug reported on SF, it may be the cause of this.
Try to replace the file class/xoopsform/form.php with the one from 2.0.14, it may solve your problem temporarily until devs have a real fix.

Cheers!

giba
  • 2006/9/5 9:05

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

I implements for form.php soluction by Dugris and for templates a soluction by GiJoe.

(Ambos) fuction very good at moment.

ladysham
  • 2006/9/5 10:34

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

Thanks, Bender. In order to help trouble shoot this issue, I'll try your suggestion first and monitor the progress. Then I'll continue on from there.
Kelly Ling
Shamrock's Web Design

If you're coming to see my house - give me two weeks. If you're coming to see ME - come any time!

Daigoro
  • 2006/9/5 12:54

• Daigoro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/7/3 2

Best regards,
Daigoro

ladysham
  • 2006/9/6 3:40

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

Well, apparently clearing out the sessions helped tremendously with my posting problem. I will continue to monitor it and see if the error crops up again.

Now on to discover why I can't send all my users an email through the admin.

Thanks for everyone's help!!
Kelly Ling
Shamrock's Web Design

Login

Who's Online

138 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 138

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits