erzon
Hackside.com Free hosting and Email
  • 2006/9/3 2:16

• erzon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/1 3

Hi all just want you to review my website if you have time :)

http://hackside.com

thanks

zimmi88
Re: Hackside.com Free hosting and Email
  • 2006/9/3 5:33

• zimmi88

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Hi erzon! It's great to see a new XOOPS site!

First off, the theme looks pretty nice. The top green linkbar seems a little off-balance, but that's probably because some of the words are longer than others. It also looks like you've got a lot of modules deployed and are putting them to good use! Good good good...

However, it's my personal opinion that the information flow could use a little help. First off, I hit your homepage on a 1280*1024 screen and it's about 7-10 screens tall. Unless I'm looking for something specific, I'm gonna get off that page ASAP. Next off, you've got loads of animations. Your topbar is animated. You've got links to the right and in the center that's animated. Things all over the page are scrolling, ticking, moving, spinning, etc. It all so busy that it all becomes a blur and none of it really pulls my focus.

Finally, overall, when I look at your homepage, I have no clue what you're site's about. Sure, it says in your title that you offer "Free Email and Web Hosting", but how? Your announcement talks about registering so "we can hear your thoughts." Huh? Is signing up how I get the hosting? With all these other services, is the main focus of the site to offer me free hosting and email or these gadget and community features? Who am I signing up with, anyway?

I like how you're putting XOOPS to good use. It seems your site's got a lot of features to it. Try streamlining that content, though. Maybe a homepage with concise information would help, like the latest top stories and a bulleted list of what you offer. Also, you could add an "About Us" section for new visitors.

I wish you the best of luck with your site!
-zimmi88 =)

EDIT: Whoops, sorry, I should probably add some viewer notes, in case they'll help with your design.
Browser: Firefox 1.5 on WinXP SP2
Screen size: 1280*1024
Language: English (US)
Colors: 32-bit
Connection: Cable
Flash?: Yep
Javascript?: Yep
"Need coffee, keep away..."

erzon
  • 2006/9/4 17:47

• erzon

• Quite a regular

hey thanks for the comments actually my site is a filipino website that create cool community for all filipino

about the animation the only animation there is the flag and the two services guest can try :)

about the scrolling.. the scrolling page is the online news and second is the topic in my forum.. but your comments is welcome. even i want to change the main header of my website :)

any more comments.

martyboy
  • 2006/9/4 21:53

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Hey, that is one kick ass website you have its awsome, I actually got the idea of offering my visitors my own toolbar after visiting your site a while ago so thanks.

I am interested in the email thing too would like to offer my visitors a free email adress, does it cost money to do it with windows live or is it totally free?

Thanks and great site.
Michael Jackson = King Of Pop

Xoops = King Of CMS

erzon
  • 2006/9/19 23:11

• erzon

• Quite a regular

thanks for visiting mate...

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits