ejrr1008
Migrating from a localhost to webserver
  • 2006/8/31 12:11

• ejrr1008

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/29

Hello everybody.
One question for you: Do I have to create a subdomain for locating all the files from the localhost in the client's web server.... or Can I locate the files just in a folder named htdoc or xoops?.....

What are the best recomendationes to do it?...Every thing works great at my localhost and I don't want to lose any thing...(I already checked the information in the forum at the link:

[size=x-small]https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=20863&forum=7&post_id=90497#forumpost90497[/size]

Thanks in advanced!!!

kaotik
Re: Migrating from a localhost to webserver
  • 2006/8/31 12:27

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

If your clients site is for example: www.myclient.com then you can place your XOOPS site directly in the root. Depending on your server configuration it can be called htdoc, public_html, etc.
Pro's: shorter url's
If you prefer you can create a folder called XOOPS and place your instalation there.
Pro's: by having an aditional index.html in your root you can further expand the website beyond xoops, for example, have a part in flash and another in xoops.
Con's: This method, beside's having longer url's also adds a further degree on complexity to the site.
If your client will only run XOOPS (which can pretty much handle the vast majority of tasks) then I would advise placing your XOOPS instaltion in the root, that way when sometime types www.myclient.com XOOPS appears.
www.kaotik.biz

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits