n01un0
Is myHome the module I need?
  • 2006/8/24 19:39

• n01un0

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/10/9

Ok, here's what I'm looking to do and tell me if myHome will handle.

One of my sites is utilized as a company portal only for employees. I have the site turned "off" and only accessible to employees as registered users. On the sites homepage it is obviously blank with only the login option. Once they login, it shows all the blocks I've set. What I am wanting to do is utilize the enterprise module to allow guests to view our company info but I do not want it to be the "start" page when employees login. I want the page they see now, the current index.php to stay the same.

When I installed myHome before and turned the site "on", it worked except that the enterprise module was shown after employees logged in instead of the standard index page I set up. Mybe I just set it incorrectly, not sure. The instructions of what to input and where was not that clear for a n00b like me, haha.

Basically I'm trying to get out of moving everything (files and database) to a subdomain like portal.mysite.com just to show some "about us" info for nonemployees

I hope some of that makes sense.

Will_H
Re: Is myHome the module I need?
  • 2006/8/24 19:46

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Why dont you just creat a custom block(s) only visible to anons....

Seems like overkill to use the myhome module now that you already have your company portal set up....

n01un0
  • 2006/8/24 22:27

• n01un0

• Quite a regular

Well because I want to use the Enterprise module and because I need more info than one page.

skenow
  • 2006/8/25 0:17

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

So, the Enterprise module is only for Anonymous visitors? If it is, then remove permission for registered users to see it. Once the employees log in, they will not see it.

n01un0
  • 2006/8/25 2:59

• n01un0

• Quite a regular

Doesn't work. If I set the enterprise module as start page to show up when people come to the site it works fine. When users login, since that is start page without access rights, you get the "you dont have rights" info and cannot continue any further.

Login

Who's Online

316 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 316

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits