jordi_rc
Xoops 2.0.14: md5 checksum reported an error in 4 mirrors
  • 2006/8/24 19:30

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/21

Hello,

I am new to Xoops. I really like this CMS very much, I just started a week ago and I already have my server configured and I am inserting modules. I can't believe it! How easy is! And I am amazed on how you did such an impresive and GOOD work, and be so generous to release this in GPL for the benefit of all humanity! Thanks a lot!

Now, the problem:
I installed and everything seems to work ok.
I downloaded the 2.0.14 version of XOOPS from here, and did the md5 checksum with the files you provide. I get this error:

"
./class/mail/xoopsnultimailer.php content invalid
./class/xml/rpc/xmlrpcparser.php content invalid
./kernel/privmessage.php content invalid
End of files check.
"

So I tried to start again, I downloaded 4 times the same version of XOOPS from 4 different mirrors and got the same message.
I am running XOOPS on Xubuntu ( like Ubuntu with Xfce desktop. Ubuntu is similar to Debian but easier ) and I use XAMPP as Apache+MySQL+PhP.

But as I read that md5 checksum was added to last version, and it was experimental, I suppose maybe you have to fix something. So I proceed with the install and all seems to be OK.

Why this happens? did you make an error in the md5 file with some number? Or is my fault? How to fix this ?

Thanks.

Jordi

[size=xx-small][edit by bender] Versionnumber added to subject[/size]
"Battles are fought by those with the courage to believe. They are won by those who find the heart to share." -MANOWAR

Bender
Re: md5 checksum reported an error in 4 mirrors
  • 2006/8/25 15:06

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

There was an error on the md5 file of one archive type. Just download a different package type.

Quote:
These files differ between the .zip and .tar.gz distributions:

class/mail/xoopsmultimailer.php
class/xml/rpc/xmlrpcparser.php
kernel/privmessage.php

The differences are only in comments (CVS/SVN generated timestamps?), but that's enough for xoops_md5.php to report "content invalid" for the .tar.gz ones.

However - Since 2.0.15 just got released you should download that instead. MD5 is definately correct on those packages
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

jordi_rc
Re: md5 checksum reported an error in 4 mirrors
  • 2006/8/25 19:14

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/21

Thanks Bender for that info. Now I am sure that I did all well, knowing it was a bug.

Jordi.
"Battles are fought by those with the courage to believe. They are won by those who find the heart to share." -MANOWAR

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits