gordo
Syndication Module
  • 2006/8/22 23:11

• gordo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/17

I have just installed the Lykos Syndication module for RSS feed.

Anyone got any ideas how to set up a simple feed fom site.. so when I go live I can syndicate my news etc..

zyspec
Re: Syndication Module
  • 2006/8/23 1:00

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

There's a few ways to accomplish this - depending on what you want to feed from your site.

1) If all you want to feed is your news (and you have the news module installed) then just usehttp://yoursite.com/backend.php

2) If you'd like to feed a little more than just news then I'd recommend using RSSFit from BrandyCoke Productions. You can find it here.

3) Some modules (for example mx-directory) provide RSS feeds from the module so you could check the modules you're using to see if they provide an RSS feed.

gordo
  • 2006/8/23 14:08

• gordo

• Just popping in

thanx for the reply.

I am a newbie to XOOPS and rss in particular. I tried the News Module and could not get it to work at all 3 times I tried installing and uninstalling it. but still the same I went through everything and tried various combinations of things but no news would display.

So I settled for Altern8 which wasn't listed as a plug in in RSSFit and was completely lost with anything else. so at the moment I am totally lost as simply how to generate a headline feed that I can offer to a Newsnow network I want to link to.

Any help would be appreciated .. this seems to be baffling me. I have worked on forums cms but this ***** my head

msdana
  • 2006/8/23 15:15

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Quote:
I tried the News Module and could not get it to work at all 3 times I tried installing and uninstalling it. but still the same I went through everything and tried various combinations of things but no news would display.

Did you post your problems here for support? Altern8 isn't a widely used module (I'm not sure it's even supported), while News is actively supported here and on the developer's website. I'm sure there are users here that will help if you post your problem(s).

Also, when posting, please remember to include versions and what you were doing as well as any errors; we like details It also helps us to help you faster.

I recommend that you try the News module again, post any issues and get it working. Then follow zyspec's suggestions for your RSS needs
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

gordo
  • 2006/8/24 12:35

• gordo

• Just popping in

yep.. sorry .. but after another fresh install using a different FTP client it works and the backend php is just what I need.

sorry haven't replied before but having the stangest problem with browser crashes. I use or should I say slimbrowser.. and it would simply crash at any point. something linked with Flash*ocx file.

haven't been able to sort it out yet so switch to internut explioter

thanks for you help appreciated.

msdana
  • 2006/8/24 14:09

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Quote:
haven't been able to sort it out yet so switch to internut explioter

LMAO! Go with Firefox
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

gordo
  • 2006/8/24 18:09

• gordo

• Just popping in

took your advice and so far trouble free browsing.. and my head is less screw. spit microsoft

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 224

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits