daiyaan
How Do I Make A Xoops Website On A Subdomain Of A Domain Already Using Xoops?
  • 2006/8/22 17:41

• daiyaan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/7 1

I have a website (www.web-riches.com), which is using xoops. I would also like to use XOOPS on a subdomain (www.shop.web-riches.com) but with different modules. How do i do this?

kurak_bu
Re: How Do I Make A Xoops Website On A Subdomain Of A Domain Already Using Xoops?
  • 2006/8/22 18:20

• kurak_bu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/9/5 1

search multisite hack on forum

zeroram
Re: How Do I Make A Xoops Website On A Subdomain Of A Domain Already Using Xoops?
  • 2006/8/28 22:23

• zeroram

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/6/30

you dont nesessary need a multisite hack for that, only if you want to share modules or shared info from site 1

jensclas

I have managed to do this somewhat successfully at my site without the hack but I have cpanel and fantastico installer. The installer created a new database for the subsite/mysite/com with the name xoops_1 - so far so good...but i have only put in 2 modules. This would suggest - that as long as you can create a second database you should (could?)be right.

Here is how my directory goes:
jensclassroom.com
-public_html
--gilbert (sub site not yet activiated - empty folder)
--xoops core folders
--shop (sub site not yet activiated - empty folder)
--test (sub site)
---xoops core folders
---xoops core files (not in folders eg mainfile.php)
--xoops core files (the ones not in folders - eg admon, backend, mainfile -

As you can see 'test' is the only one I have played with. I am having some difficulties with something at the moment - I can sometimes log in to Cpanel, jensclassroom and test.jensclassrom no problem and other times i can only log into one...my ftp is also having problems. Have raised this with the host - and am about to do so again - don't know if it is them or me...so if you spot a problem (real or potential) here i'd be happy to be enlightened!

TIA jenny

Daigoro
  • 2006/8/29 10:02

• Daigoro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/7/3 2

Daiyaan,

It's very simple to have multriple XOOPS systems installed on the same domain using either subdomains or just seperate directories of the root domain.

All you have to do is to upload XOOPS into new directories on your server, and then when you are installing the new XOOPS systems, make sure to change the database prefix, so the various xoops-systems does not use the same tables in the database. (Unless you have dedicated databases for each of your sub-domains)

A typical setup would look like this:

1.st XOOPS installation at root/
2.nd XOOPS installation at root/xoops2_name/
3.rd XOOPS installation at root/xoops3_name/
4.th XOOPS installation at root/xoops4_name/

This will give you any number of individual XOOPS instalations, each to be configures as you wish and no problems with interaction between the installations. This also means that you can have several different versions of XOOPS like this - you don't have to worry about upgrading them all at the same time.

Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Daigoro

maxima
  • 2006/9/6 3:32

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/4 4

I second Daigoro's suggestion..

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits