joshopkins
Cannot install new modules
  • 2006/8/21 15:20

• joshopkins

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/22

I have installed myalbum-p, news, and livre dor modules without any problem. I wanted to also add XOOPS planet, and XOOPS chat. I copied them both just like the rest of the modules and they all have the user, group, and permissions settings. Yet when i log into the site and go to the admin area -> modules neither of the new items show up. I can unisntall any of the installed modules and they will then show up and installable (think that is a word). They even reinstall just fine.

I have read other posts that seem similar to this and have tried clearing browser cache and offline files, and removing all files from template_c execpt for index.html. Still no luck. Any ideas?

jensclas
Re: Cannot install new modules

Is CBB among those modules you have tried to install? If so there is a frameworks folder that must also be uploaded. If you do a search you will find it has been the culprit for hiding modules waiting to be installed. It is really important to check the read me files on all modules before you install them - just sometimes there is another step or two to complete.

msdana
  • 2006/8/21 20:29

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Frameworks is also included with other modules from xoopsforge, including Planet and WordPress. Since you mentioned installing Planet, I'd follow jensclas' suggestion and make sure Frameworks is installed to your root directory.
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

joshopkins
  • 2006/8/21 21:53

• joshopkins

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/22

I will check for a framework folder, but it is not that they will not install. The problem is that they will not show up as available to be installed.

jensclas

Once the framework folder is there they will (or should) show up for installation.

Login

Who's Online

331 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 331

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits