spectrum
Help .... Website broken
  • 2006/8/15 23:41

• spectrum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/13

Please someone visit www.thomaschart.org/bridge and tell me what the hell is going on?

Keep in mind I went and saw this little bits and pieces of what remains of a site. Then I went to cpanel and did the upgrade thing, thinking that would do it. It didn't I had to empty the database, reload the back up and the sql.backup and still I get this #OOPS#.

Please help, my clients are gonna freak!!!!

Help fast...

[size=x-small][Edit by Bender]: Subject edited. Please donĀ“t shout at us and use meaningfull subjects. Thanks. [/size]
I'm enjoying Xoops, but it doesn't come without heartache and customer complaints!

nekro
Re: !!!!HELP< HELP>HELP<HELP!!!!!
  • 2006/8/15 23:51

• nekro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/11/9

check yout themes ( permissions... and if they exists...) .. delete everithig into the folders cache and templates_c ( non the index.html ) and also check if there is the correct permissions...

If you tell us what you have done before the "accidente" we will can help you better...

spectrum
Re: !!!!HELPHELP<HELP!!!!!
  • 2006/8/16 0:02

• spectrum

• Just popping in

Resized Image

This is a screenshot of the Templates_C folder. I'm guessing I let one of the guys have to much in terms of permissions and something got screwed up.

You said Quote:
delete everithig into the folders cache and templates_c
did you mean delete everything IN THESE FOLDERS?

As for what I did? Nothing I added a user 3 days ago and the site was fine. As I said I've got someone with probably more permissions than they need. I just finally got to the admin screen (not the back end though) I can't get to the backend or administrative stuff at all to look at permissions.
I'm enjoying Xoops, but it doesn't come without heartache and customer complaints!

nekro
  • 2006/8/16 0:16

• nekro

• Quite a regular

ooopppsss!!!

http://thomaschart.org/bridge/user.php

check... what i finded!!!...

your page is alive again...

login and then go to ...

http://thomaschart.org/bridge/admin.php

change the mainpage module to none!!! i think that is a problem in the news module... ... an tell me what is going on!...

spectrum
  • 2006/8/16 0:23

• spectrum

• Just popping in

I get nothing but a blank page.

nekro
  • 2006/8/16 0:29

• nekro

• Quite a regular

have you login??? have you changed the configuration???

spectrum
  • 2006/8/16 0:39

• spectrum

• Just popping in

Again,

I didn't change anything thing at all on this site. I added a user, then I put him in the correct user group. Which doesn't allow access to any part of the site that deals with administrations

Quest
Re: !!!!HELPHELP<HELP!!!!!
  • 2006/8/16 2:11

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Do you have a recent backup of your site? If so you could first try to reinstall the recent backup.

If not then, I would have a look inside the database using phpmyadmin. I am not sure exactly what to look for but I would probably have a look at the user you added to the group as well as my own group and permissions. Someone else may be able to be a lot more specific to help you get into your site. And or manipulate the data in the database tables.

Quest

Will_H
  • 2006/8/16 3:28

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Wow, thats quite a pickle ya got there.

While viewing source it appears that there is no XOOPS framework installed.

of course we know this isnt true.

Hopefully this is a simple fix.

Make a backup of your current theme.

Take all the files out of the default theme and pump theme into the one you are using.

Clear the contents of bridge/templates_c

refresh.

Let us know.

spectrum
  • 2006/8/16 4:40

• spectrum

• Just popping in

nope cleared bridge/templates_c and now all I get is a blank page. Something seriously has gone wrong. I have a back up that I know is good from March. Can I just back up the contents of the file that contains the XOOPS installation and leave the SQL database the way it is?

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits