calipixel
Buddyfriends 2.3 module not working??
  • 2006/8/15 17:13

• calipixel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/4 1

Im having problems downloading and installing Buddyfriends 2.3 I am using XOOPS version 2 and when I try to open the module folder I get an error saying that I do not have enough access privileges.? The file size is also 0 k? is there something that anyone can recommend? I have installed several modules in the past and everything else seems to run fine.??
thanks for the help with this module.

davidl2
Re: Buddyfriends 2.3 module not working??
  • 2006/8/15 18:20

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I am not totally sure this will work, as it is supposed to be an e-xoops module?

calipixel
  • 2006/8/15 18:42

• calipixel

• Just popping in

hi david.. im not sure what you mean by e-xoops module? I have seen this in the the news and some other forums and other users have been able to get this to work?
thanks for any help regarding this.

Swain
  • 2006/8/15 19:48

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/27

I think Buddyfriends needs Friendslist to work, and that module is almost impossible to get to work either (it required someone hacking it, search the forums to find a working copy).

calipixel
  • 2006/8/15 21:20

• calipixel

• Just popping in

yeah i tried downloading Friendslist too and I get the same error when trying to access the folder. The folder says the it is 0 k in size. Have these modules been removed? Any help regarding this would be appreciated.
thanks!!

Swain
  • 2006/8/15 22:56

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

I googled and came up with the following.

You can download both Buddy Friends and Direct Friends from:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=41586&package_id=105497

calipixel
  • 2006/8/15 23:08

• calipixel

• Just popping in

swain, thanks for googling the files.. I did the same thing and was able to download a zip file but after the file is uncompressed I am unable to access the folder? The folder says it is also 0 k and I do not have access privileges ? Is there anywhere to find a working copy of this?

calipixel
  • 2006/8/16 0:52

• calipixel

• Just popping in

ok... I have good news. I was able to download the file via my PC and get access to the files. I usually work on a mac and that is where the problem accessing the file was. The mac was unable to read the zip file correctly and creating the error.

So i have installed both modules " buddy friends" and also "direct friends" and during the install they both error'd and told me that there was a .sql file missing. I was able to locate a file nameed the same in the main folder as the error was calling for... but the file was not in the correct folder. It was asking for a doc folder for direct friends and a sql folder for Buddy Friends. I created the folders and placed the files inside those newly created folders. I then installed the module and it said that everything had installed correctly.

I dont see any type of management utility for these modules and when trying to click on them from the menu I get signed off or the page doenst load. Any ideas what could be causing this problem?

thanks for the help

Swain
  • 2006/8/16 0:52

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

You might try this Germanic site:

http://downloads.myxoops.de/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=44&lid=217

and

http://downloads.myxoops.de/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=44&lid=482

That is odd they are coming up 0 KB. I wonder if every download on the net of these two are that way?

calipixel
  • 2006/8/16 2:51

• calipixel

• Just popping in

Swain! thanks yes both of those links worked perfect!! I was able to download and install everything normal. Now however, there is alot the text that is in German. Any ideas what pages I need to start looking for English translation?
thanks for help! its a start!!
I believe some of the problem is in the naming of the file in the downloads area. I belive its to long and the mac has a shorter name area requirement.
Thanks again for the help let me know if you have any ideas regarding the language.

Login

Who's Online

259 user(s) are online (193 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 259

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits