Coperator
3 Questions
  • 2006/7/24 9:50

• Coperator

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/24

Hi :)

I have three questions and sorry for my english:

1.) How I can work on certain subcategories of the "Blocks"?

2.) How can I make in the content the tables invisible? I find nothing in the *.css File within the Templates.

3.) How I can move the single menus thus the Main Menu on top stands there and the rest where I would want?

-mFg-
Cop

*edit: I´m using the latest Version of Xoops.

jensclas
Re: 3 Questions

Hi there ad welcome... I am not sure I can be totally helpful but i will give it a go:

First - what is your native language? There are XOOPS support sites from all over the world located in'local support' linked on the left so if the English becomes a problem you can try them. I suspect (and i could be wrong) that you don't quite have a clear picture of how XOOPS uses modules, blocks and themes.

Quote:
1.) How I can work on certain subcategories of the "Blocks"?

Lets look at this for a minute...many 'modules' allow you to create 'categories' and 'subcategories'. This is not something we do in blocks.

Blocks are the bits of information we can choose to make visible on our sites and they draw the information from the modules...so I think you are asking about working on subcategories of modules, not blocks, and this will happen in the admin section of your site when you click on the module. To determine which bits to display you need to go to admin->blocks admin. There you select 'yes' to show a block, a number to define the weight of a block and a place for the block - left, center, right etc...

Quote:
2.) How can I make in the content the tables invisible? I find nothing in the *.css File within the Templates.

I am not familiar enough with themes and css files but I suspect what you are asking here 'could' again be about selection of blocks...you can show or hide information through blocks admin

Quote:
3.) How I can move the single menus thus the Main Menu on top stands there and the rest where I would want?

This one requures a little research - there is a multimenu module out there that will enable you to have a more flexible menu. Do a search on multimenu.

Recomendations - go to the documentation website and get a visual introduction to XOOPS and the administration manual, got to the FAQ section and check out beginners first steps, modules, themes, etc...there are links to some good tutroials in here too..

Now I don't know if this was helpful - you probably know more than i am assuming...but if you go to the basics and work up from there you will understand how XOOPS works and will have a great time creating an individual and unique site.

HTH

Coperator
Re: 3 Questions
  • 2006/7/24 22:42

• Coperator

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/24

Thank you very much :)

Login

Who's Online

360 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 360

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits