tjmichner
Where to upload modules
  • 2006/7/14 9:15

• tjmichner

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/22

I have downloaded modules that I would like to add to my site and I am attempting to upload them into hdocs/modules. Is that the correct place to upload them? And do I need to open the file and save the inner files or can i just upload the main file for example i downloaded the xoops2 contact file and then unzipped it and I am trying to upload the xoops_mod_ file. When I go into administrative and then modules it lists all of the modules that I tried to upload but it says Module File for XOOPS2_mod_catads_v140_thecat Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!

Thank you for any direction on this!

gtop00
Re: Where to upload modules
  • 2006/7/14 9:44

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

...I am attempting to upload them into hdocs/modules. Is that the correct place to upload them? YES

Read the Documentation: 2.11.2. Uploading the module

stefan88
Re: Where to upload modules
  • 2006/7/14 9:46

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

-download the module;
-unzip (unrar ...) it to folder at your hard drive;
-check the content of that folder. Some modules are zipped with full path like http/modules/MODULE_NAME/... or only with MODULE_NAME/... folder. Be shure in there is "xoops_version.php" file in MODULE_NAME folder.
You need to upload to your XOOPS instalation "modules" folder "MODULE_NAME" with all its content. In your case MODULE_NAME will be "catads"

Sorry if my english is not very good. You may find more information in FAQ section (https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/category.php?categoryid=16)

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits