ghettonet
Include ecard program in framework
  • 2006/7/13 20:50

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/12/4

I have setup this neat little ecard program (found here:http://www.gregphoto.net/gcards/). My question is how can I put it inside my XOOPS framework? My site doesn't have "members" or anything, so I don't need to make it into a module, I just want it to show up included in my sites framework (with the menu and the title blocks, etc). I know how to do with with an html page (from the faqs), but this is a php thing - is there an easy way? Again, I don't need it to interact with XOOPS in any way except having it show up like a block, no authentication, or search, anything like that. Thank you for any help, and this could help other people too - i've seen a few people asking about ecards on here, this is a nice script and to work it into XOOPS would be great.

snow77
Re: Include ecard program in framework
  • 2006/7/13 21:51

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

If you go to this post HERE

down near the bottom you will see a post I made about creating two files: index.php and xoops_version.php plus an image. This will give you a result as similar to having a module.

If you create those files using that code and replacing the information with your own it will work.

At the end you would have a file structure like this:

yourmodulename
yourmodulename/index.php
yourmodulename/xoops_version.php
yourmodulename/logo.png

you put your "module" folder (calling your ecard appz) in your modules directory and install and give permissions as any other module.
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

ghettonet
Re: Include ecard program in framework
  • 2006/7/14 0:56

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/12/4

Aw yeah, it took a little tinkering but I got it, thanks a lot. If you PM me a link to your site, I'll link to you if you want. Thanks again, works great!

Login

Who's Online

246 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 246

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits