Gollum
Two modules I would like to see..
  • 2006/7/13 2:50

• Gollum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/23

Staff list
Details:
A page where the groups are shown with their avatar. Like this: On each staff member there will be shown his Avatar, below the avatar the name will show, under the name what group he/she is in. When you click one of the staff members, the profile will show. The admin will be first then he/she can choose which to be next.

Pricelist
Details:
A page with small pictures of something. The page must have a pictures with a textfields beneath with details and value of the thing on every shown picture. And all that should be edited only by a special group. They shall be able to add and edit items plus their values. An easy way to upload the pictures would be great too. It would be really great, if there was a way to show if the value have raised og lost value by an up or down arrow. If not changed, then a red square og something. You should also be able to see the old value in grey beneath the new one. When you click on it a pop-up window will appear with a new and larger picture of the item plus details in text.

If it doesn't exist, is it hard to make these?
They would make me be able to use XOOPS in future.
What do you think about these requests?
Thank you on forehand for your replies !

- Gollum

Chris03
Re: Two modules I would like to see..
  • 2006/7/13 8:07

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

Working on the staff listing.

Do you want to be able to select what groups to display?
KickassAMD

Gollum
  • 2006/7/13 8:42

• Gollum

• Just popping in

Thank you !

Yes, some of the groups should not be displayed, only the staff like admin, moderators and so on. If it can be made that admin choose which group to display, then that would be the best.

Would it be hard to make that they have a picture only for the Staff list? I mean instead of the avatar. One they can upload themselves and replace with a new one when they want to. The avatar will be just fine though.

codyheit
  • 2006/7/14 3:10

• codyheit

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/1/10

Yes the Staff list would be very handy
www.sacotech.com.au

Gollum
  • 2006/7/17 12:41

• Gollum

• Just popping in

Chris03 - How is it going with the module? And how do I find it when it's done?

codyheit - Yes, I think others might have use of it also.

About the Pricelist, I found a module called "Pricelist" but is does it do what I discriped? I guess I have to try it out.

I need those two modules to run my site with a XOOPS system.

I really apreciate any replies.

Daigoro
  • 2006/7/17 17:45

• Daigoro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/7/3 2

I believe the Photo + profile hack will make your staff list much easier to make.
It's not realy a module but a hack to the existing system, but it integrates much better then a module can do (on 2.0.x, anyway).
As everybody can add a picture to their profile, you can just use the normal XOOPS groups to define what staff group they belong to, and a smarty enabled block to filter out those you want to display.
On the above link, I've added some hacks to the hack that shows how to add a birthday block - but it is relative easy to rewrite to fit your staff list requirements.
Best regards,
Daigoro

Chris03
  • 2006/7/17 18:50

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

My development on everything has stopped do to some personal life issues... I will get with you ASAP on the status of the module.
KickassAMD

Gollum
  • 2006/7/27 17:56

• Gollum

• Just popping in

Thank you Daigoro I guess I have to try that then, but as long as it works .

Chris03 Will the work continue some time, or is that project permanently shut down?

Daigoro and others.. is there also a solution for the pricelist thing with the features I descriped?

Thank you all for the answers .

Daigoro
  • 2006/7/27 18:09

• Daigoro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/7/3 2

I don't really know about what options you have for your pricelist idea. If it's not a full shop, then a very simple solusion would be to use wiwimod and one of the wysiwyg editors available.
The latest beta of tinyeditor includes a nice picture manager, but it's still very much in beta and not suited for a production site. Alternative, Kovie is a nice editor, too.
You could install one of the picture modules available, and then simply make links to those pictures from the wiwi!

Good luck...
Best regards,
Daigoro

Chris03
  • 2006/7/28 3:45

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

Nope, will have it ready for ya tonight, sorry about the wait, just alot of personal life straining issues going on.
KickassAMD

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits