Liliplanet
RSS feed permissions
  • 2006/7/5 10:18

• Liliplanet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/16

Hi All,

Is this possible please ...

I would like to have headlines in blocks or via rss feeds viewable by all, but when the user clicks on the headline the group permissions comes into effect.

So basically all users can see the headlines content, but once some groups click on the link they cannot see the full article.

Have tried rss feeds out of the XOOPS system, and still the group permission hides the headline.

Would love to make this work.

Suggestions would be so much appreciated.

Sincere regards,
Lilian

Liliplanet
Re: Content permissions before groups
  • 2006/7/14 15:07

• Liliplanet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/16

Hi,

I'm still on the mission trying to work out if it is possible to have content from ie. smartsection news, forums, etc be visible as links, but once the link is clicked on groups into effect.

What I mean is visitors would be able to see the link and short description, but once they want to see the whole article they have to be logged in.

Smartfactory gave the following advice:

You must manage permission on the ARRIVAL module, not on the source.

What you can do is take a headline module and manage permissions into it. What i would suggest to you ( if you know a little bit programming) is to give the title to show to all groups, and give the link to the complete article to a specific group.

But I do not know how to do this ..

Would someone be so kind to point me in the right direction please, would love to make this work.

Thank you for any assistance.

Sincere regards,
Lilian

gestroud
Re: RSS feed permissions
  • 2006/7/14 16:02

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

If you're using CBB/Newbb for your forum, I think you can allow people to access certain areas, but not view them unless they are signed in.

I have a feeling that right now, the only article-based module that can handle what you need might be AMS.

This may work, but I'm really not too sure. Bandit-X has a News Spotlight module that reads the headlines from the News module and displays them in a two-column block. It might work; it might not.

I'd suggest contacting hervet, the News module's developer, and see if he has any suggestions. You can either PM him, or contact him on his site.

Login

Who's Online

212 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 212

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits